“appalling”
Review of Hadlow Manor Hotel

Hadlow Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hadlow
Reviewed 14 April 2014

beds very spingy, outside looks nice inside décor needs revamping, they seem to do everything as to bare minimum they can get away with, there priority seems to pack away rather than serve you or re stock buffet/food etc...breakfast if you get there at 9am has all gone and not replenished so we had a glass of orange so really poor show on organisation with the whole structure of the establishment. they charge you wherever they can, they over book, no bubbly for the bride and groom not even glasses.
if you can avoid booking here I would....glad I was a guest not the paying bride and groom....your better of in a camper van

Room Tip: bring a tent and sandwiches
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sph21959
There are newer reviews for Hadlow Manor Hotel

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We attended a dinner disco last night and I can say that the waiting and bar staff were so kind and couldn't help you enough!
As for the people 'in charge' absolutely terrible. Didn't even realise who the managers were until I had to complain even then they didn't want to address it. There was a fair haired lady handing out plates with no napkin which I though was very unhygienic!
Other than the way it was run and the fact that we were crammed on to tables!!, the hotel is lovely, food was great, and the attentiveness of the waiting and bar staff made up for poor management and
organisation.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have just stayed at The Hadlow Manor Hotel, we had my wife's 40th Birthday Party there, we also got married there nearly 5 years ago now. I had to write a review as I felt the Hotel deserved one, the Staff were all very friendly and professional, a big thank you goes out to, Julie, Ellie and Russ for making the evening run smoothly, I would not hesitate for anyone who is thinking of having a Party here, the place is lovely and the buffet that we had in the evening was fantastic.
Another big thank you goes to Una the events organiser for arranging another fabulous Party.
Well done to all the Staff, you did a fantastic job, especially the bar staff, we certainly kept you busy!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DaveyKent
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed here for a night with friends as going to a Ball close by. whilst the outside looks impressive the interior is not so good, the rooms (we were in 207) especially are really quite dated.
The hotel and rooms were clean but it was rather difficult getting a drink late at night, and breakfast was not the best.
I think this is mostly set up for weddings etc. rather than a casual guest.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank davestone21
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Have stayed at this hotel a few times. Cannot fault the staff. Was hoping to have a meal on the evening we arrived having had a long day. On checking in was told the restaurant was closed due to functions so no food available. As we booked directly with the hotel it would have been professional if they had informed us beforehand that we couldn't eat there. Rooms are very tired and as per a previous comment bathroom needs attention. Not sure if we would return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Giles T, General Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Hello Saffy. Many thanks for leaving some feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. I do apologise about no food being available on your arrival at the hotel. Please could you contact me at gt@hadlowmanor.co.uk so I can look into the date of your stay?

Many thanks
Giles

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Our children paid for us to stay here to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely family Sunday lunch and then we checked into our room. We were however disappointed to find out that the bar and room service were not open on a Sunday evening so we could not even purchase a bottle of water for my wife to take her medication. At no point when my children booked this for us were they told that basically the hotel closes on a Sunday. To be honest this ruined our stay and we won't be coming again

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank KathJP
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We booked through one of the Groupon offers, which was a 2 night stay, with afternoon tea on the first day and a free bottle of wine, together with full English breakfast.

On arrival there was a wedding just about to progress. The ceremony was in the next but one room to ours, so we could hear most of what was happening.

The route to our room was down a slope, as I was travelling with a disabled friend, he found it difficult as there were no hand rails to hold onto. The room was classed as 'disabled' but there was no walk in shower, there was a bath, lots of disabled people have problems getting in baths if they have limited movement, I would suggest management revisit what they class as for disabled use. There were plenty of hand rails etc, and I know they can't cater for every disability, but just a little more thought would go a long way.

After settling into the room which was quite big and roomy; we went through to reception to order the afternoon tea, around 4pm and was told this was in hand. The menu said there were a selection of sandwiches, cheese with sun dried tomatoes, smoked salmon, ham, tuna, etc. We were not offered any of these, the sandwiches came up as cheese and pickle and smoked salmon. Both very unappetising. The scones were still frozen as were the small fruit tarts. We had a small pot of tea and one cup of coffee (which was cold). Not a success I am afraid.

The restaurant was closed due to the wedding, so we had a bar meal of sirloin steak which was very nice. The second night, as there was another wedding the same - bar meal. The entrance up a couple of steps to the bar did not have any hand rails for disabled use or in fact for elderly guests. This also applied to the Garden Room where we had breakfast.

Both mornings, the breakfast was good and plenty of it.

The grounds etc of this hotel are nice, with a small pleasant secluded garden with apple trees and shrubs.

I am glad I only paid the Groupon price and not the full price for this hotel. Staff were friendly but I would say it is an average hotel not exceptional.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank passer62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadlow
Best Western Rose and Crown in Tonbridge
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
#3 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Premier Inn Tonbridge North Hotel

Been to Hadlow Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!