2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
1,300 results
All reviews afternoon tea wedding anniversary lovely hotel special occasion sunday lunch food was lovely every member of staff deluxe room open fire from start to finish staff were attentive my mum course meal cooked breakfast high standard a lovely stay following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2023

I have stayed at Hempstead House three times and I am already planning another break for the new year. The staff are wonderful. The reception staff do all they can to make your stay perfect form booking to settling the bill and everything in between, the restaurant staff so personable and the night manager Deano was so welcoming and fun when we arrived back from a night out. The food is delicious and the whole ambience is lovely, all being very reasonably priced.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reservations Team, Guest Services / Front Office at Hempstead House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2023

Dear Naomi, Thank you for choosing Hempstead House for your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your very kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the new year! With Kind Regards, Reservations Team

Reviewed 12 November 2023

This is a real old fashioned hotel in the nicest possible way.
It was a real pleasure, and a rarity, to find such friendly welcoming staff at Reception who showed me around on my way up to my room as well as carrying my luggage.
There were several lounges to relax and read as well as a roaring fire in one and the garden had lots of nooks in which to sip refreshment and relax (had the weather been clement)!
My room was charming, well furnished, warm and quiet.
Dinner was fantastic with a fillet steak to die for and I was surprised that the restaurant was not fuller. Both breakfasts were again delicious and served with a smile promptly. Perfectly poached eggs one day and scrambled eggs and smoked salmon o another. This hotel should be proud of its offerings and its warm, friendly, efficient staff. I did not have the chance to try the spa unfortunately but perhaps another time.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reservations Team, Guest Services / Front Office at Hempstead House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2023

Thank you for choosing Hempstead House for your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your very kind feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the future. With Kind Regards, Reservations Team

Reviewed 4 November 2023

A visit with friends to have an afternoon tea. We had a five star experience that I would recommend. We were provided ample sandwitches, cakes and scones and greated by a polite and friendly team. I would recommend and return back.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
9  Thank tripsandfood55
Reservations Team, Guest Services / Front Office at Hempstead House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2023

Thank you for choosing Hempstead House for your recent Afternoon Tea. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future. With Kind Regards, Reservations Team

Reviewed 31 October 2023

Cannot say enough about this place. Celebrated my 60th birthday with 50 family. The staff from the first meeting to the very end were so helpful absolutely nothing was a problem. The food was amazing as was the service. Room was so comfortable. Can’t say about the spa I didn’t use it but some of our party did they said it was great. Will definitely be going back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mark, Thank you for choosing Hempstead House for your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the future. With Kind Regards, Reservations Team

Reviewed 27 October 2023

I’ve stayed at Hempstead House Hotel several times for work with colleagues and solo, including last year (Nov), and despite complaining last year that they should replace the plastic kettles in the rooms, as the scaling inside them meant when you made a hot drink bits of the plastic gunk ended up in the cup as shown in the photos. They still have not bothered to purchase new kettles.

The issue I’m most infuriated about is that after checking out and settling my dinner bill, I received a voicemail from the front desk saying that by mistake I’d been over charged by £5.40 and so they’d refunded the money. I then received another voicemail from the same person saying they had not overcharged me after all and so had recharged my card for the money they had refunded. These transactions were both done without my authorisation and whilst I was not present. As I paid for the meal on my corporate card, I now have to explain to my accounts department what happened when I submit my expenses. I asked for the reservation manager so I could complain about my card details being stored and used and was told she would call me the following day and nothing. Disgraceful customer service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reservations Team, Guest Services / Front Office at Hempstead House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2023

Dear Vanessa, we are sorry not to have met your expectations on this occasion following many satisfied stays. We had been in contact with you directly following your stay with us, and regret that we were unable to continue our correspondence prior to your review being left.

We appreciate you taking the time to advise on your observation of the bedroom kettle, and our Housekeeping team have addressed this. Our Reception team applied every diligence to the error with billing, attempting to keep you updated during resolution, offering their sincere apologies and we have provided invoice to assist with expenses.

We are sorry that you would regard our customer service as disgraceful, as we strive to be of utmost assistance to all our guests and we had responded on your requested date as soon as we possibly could.

With Kind Regards, Reservations Team