Lodge at Bristol
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Swan Hotel(Almondsbury)
  • Pool
US$130
US$118
  • Pool
Travelodge Bristol Filton Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$132
US$128
US$91
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Bristol Cribbs Causeway(Cribbs Causeway)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssister hotelaztec hotelbusiness parkfree wifistarbucks attachedaztec westnormal starbuckscar parkstarbucks coffeedesk areaweekend visitthe sofa bedexcellent roomthe hotel receptionlovely showertravel cotcribbs causeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I'll start with the good stuff. The rooms are great, modern, clean, functional and with a little bit of character. The bathroom is also good with one of the best showers I have used for a while. I really wanted to like this place BUT..... I got no sleep.

I was in room 11 which happens to be right by the enterance to the hotel room block. Unfortunately, the hotel has paper thin walls which means I could hear the doors everytime they open. The front door isn't too bad as it's automatic, but the door that leads to the upstairs section of the hotel makes an almighty BANG......every 15mins or so, all through the night. As you might expect, there's then all the noise that comes from people chatting outside the doors and by the lift. This led to me being exhausted for my day's work.

I would love to return to this hotel as I genuinely liked the rooms, but sleep is important. There's a choice of 3 hotels on Aztec West and the Hilton got it right the first time.

If you stay here and want sleep, make sure you ask for a room on the upper floor, or well away from the enterance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the enterance or upstairs. Avoid room 11 like the plague.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adstring
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A tricky one this, fairly expensive for bed only but the room was very comfortable and spacious and well equipped with free wireless internet. \the meal is provided via a Costa Coffee attached to the lodge and thus limited menu, very limited but the food was good and the service polite. All in all an okay stay, business expensed and thus okay, comfortable, basic services and no surrounding entertainment unless you want to nip across the road to the sister hotel which has a gym and spa.

Room Tip: Only 2 floors and a lift so no issues.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 10 April 2014

What did I want?
A clean comfortable easy hotel for an overnight business trip.
This place ticks all those boxes and more!
It's hardly the hotels fault that a previous reviewer experienced staying there when place was taken over by some partying girls, unfortunately that's just bad luck.
I would like to think that if I ever was going to build a budget hotel, with my experience of staying at lots of them, I would get it as near right as possible.
Whoever designed this place has obviously had same experience and other hoteliers should come here to get inspiration.
I reckon you couldn't improve this really, it provides an easy, pleasant overnight stay, the rooms are decent size and really well designed, bathrooms superb, big towels, everything works and just a very nice environment to stay in.
Because it is "attached" to the Aztec over the road you have choice of facilities for eating. A limited menu based on Pizza here or a more comprehensive offer at Aztec.
I went there and it was very good.
I really couldn't better this place, I can't actually think of even one thing that I would change and that is unusual!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank arthurh
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for one night on business as an alternative to the usual budget hotels. The room was large enough with plenty of space to relax in, bathroom is very big for a room of this size and the shower fantastic - large and powerful.

Easy check in facilities are simple but a touch unusual as they are inside Starbucks. However the room could not have been cleaner and tea and coffee facilities are a nice touch for a budget hotel. Its not the most up market hotel that you could ever stay in ... but for the price would you really expect it to be? Great value and a very pleasant stay. I would certainly return again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Booked this based on previous trip advisor reviews. At first fantastic. Room ready at 10.30am so could check in. Staff polite & friendly. Had great day out in Bristol. Got back 10pm! What a change. Group of girls staying in various rooms on ground floor having loud music, door slamming party. They finally went out 11.30 after waiting loudly by door & smoking. They came back 3.15 & party started again. I suppose for a budget hotel what should we have expected? Sadly, based on what might be a one off experience I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple