Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol
Lodge at Bristol(Almondsbury)
  • Restaurant
The Bowl Inn(Almondsbury)
1,073 results
All reviewsgirls nightbusiness parkshire hotelscoffee machinefresh milk in the fridgelittle touchesbusiness tripchanging roomslovely hotellovely touchbar areaevening mealcar parkrestaurant managersteam roomaztec westfollowing morning
Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

Stay here every year to celebrate Christmas with my wife's work, really disappointed in the condition of the rooms, clean but obviously neglected for quite a while. Bathroom was falling apart, toilet handle falling off, rusty shower, taps not working. The room was a conference room with a bed and it felt like it to. To be fair staff where excellent, friendly, seemed to be very sorry and offered a discount. Just feels like a few corners are being cut.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Roblisa81
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions on business, 3 nights this very week and many others since my last review. The Affinity loyalty card is part of that incentive.
Why do i stay here?...Rooms are always very clean and staff are very attentive without being in your face. Food is of a high standard and breakfast is simple and quick.
Overall rooms generally do need a bit of a facelift, they are falling behind in what Premier Inn offer really but the rest of the hotel brings it up considerably. However if you don't want a pool and slightly expensive food then?
I also had my Christmas lunch here today with my Bristol work colleagues as a normal punter, very good indeed. So often hotel and restaurants fall down on these type of events.
I'll be back for sure :)

Room Tip: There are quite a few rooms overlooking the busy road but generally this isn't an issue. if you are a very light sleeper then ask for a inward facing room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 12 November 2012, I was looking forward to my stay as many colleagues had recommended the hotel - however I had some problems during my stay and despite informing staff and writing a complaint (which I handed in at reception on my departure) and requesting the hotel to contact me, over four weeks later I have not heard from them. My issues were, my room was a makeshift room used a a conference room during the day with a pull down bed for night time, the bed was uncomfortable and behind it was very dirty. I ordered room service and despite having to call back down twice after my food arrived (for missing items) the food I was given did not match the  description. At 23.50 hours the other conference rooms around me were being stocked up for the next day so bottles rattled and doors banged, this went on for nearly an hour, I called reception to complain and eventually it stopped. The next morning my breakfast room service tray, which had recently being painted left black paint on my hands, clothes and all over the table in the room. I told the lady on reception, she was disinterested. My main gripe however is that I put this all in writing, spoke to the staff and yet the hotel has not contacted me.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
ShireHotels, Chris Hill - General Manager at Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate all information based on our guest’s visits in order to help improve our hotel to make your stay more comfortable. I would like to apologise on behalf of our hotel as we have clearly not delivered our usual high standards on this occasion.

My sincere apologies as your feedback has not been responded to, I would be grateful if you would contact me directly to discuss these issues in more detail.

Reception and Customer Service is always a big focus for us which is why I am so disappointed to hear your comments and I would like to assure you that these well noted points will be addressed swiftly.

I am investigating with our Restaurant Manager and Housekeeper your issues both with the room and your room service delivery to both improve this system and service to make your stay more enjoyable in the future.

I do hope that you will return to the hotel in the future to give us the chance to show you our usual Shire standards.

Chris Hill - General Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Just spent a night and was disappointed overall at the cost and lack of service. Firstly you have to pay extra for parking. Secondly despite booking I had to wait a considerable amount of time to be seated in the restaurant (It wasnt busy). Thirdly on asking when checking in if it would be possible for a takeaway breakfast of any sort (5am start) and being told that they would find out and let me know, I expected them to find out and let me know. They didnt bother. Then I was amazed to find that hot water came out from both hot & cold bathroom taps, not ideal for teeth cleaning or drinking. Lastly on checking out the member of staff seemed somewhat disinterested when I raised my concerns and seemed more focussed on ensuring that the bill was presented neatly!! Overall very disappointed and at £119 for 1 night well overpriced. Shop around there is plenty of choice in Bristol and many at lower prices offering better more personal service.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your stay. I will be speaking to each department head individually referencing the points made, I assure you this is not our normal service standard and I do hope you will consider staying with us again and give us the opportunity to show you our normal high standard, I am particularly disappointed we did not ‘go the extra mile’ with your early breakfast, this is something, along with your other points we should have delivered.

Chris Hill – General Manager

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

This was an ideal stop off point. The breakfast was very good quality (although the waitress did forget the extra coffee). It was good value compared to other hotels with kids having breakfast for £5 or free for a 5 year old. The pool was nice too and not too old fashioned. The bed mattress was on the soft side. Nice touch-the milk and chocolate for kids which really cheered them up. Fresh milk, not just UHT. I would definitely think of staying there again on the way to somewhere near Bristol.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear such positive comments and we hope to welcome you back to the Aztec in the near future.

Chris Hill – General Manager