The Bowl Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$160
  • Restaurant
US$130
US$118
  • Pool
Travelodge Bristol Filton Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
US$185
US$94
US$132
US$89
PremierInn.com
Swan Hotel(Almondsbury)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspay and displaythe pubsuperfood saladnice mealfriendly mannertraditional breakfastcar parklunch menubar area iscomfy roomground floorcomfortable accommodationshort stayquiet villageporridgelovely locationfirst morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

First impressions of the bowl inn were those of a traditional pub inn nestled in a quiet viilage on the outskirts of bristol.My wife and I were staying here or three nights on a bed and breakfast basis, and were neither dissapointed on the accomodation or food afforded to us.The inn itself has lots of character, together with a very sociable atmosphere in both the bar and dinning area. Would recommend the establishment for anyone wishing to stay in and around the bristol area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank john n
Reviewed 8 March 2014

3rd visit, food and service consistent with previous meals - nice roaring fire on a cold day much appreciated. 6 adults, 2 small children - all happy with meals and we stayed from 12 noon to about 5.30pm chatting by the fire, without being made to feel that we should go, as in some places. Small snag was leaf of table collapsing, fortunately before meals arrived, and no major spillage of anything hot tho this was more luck than judgement. Sorted quickly tho didn't appear to surprise the staff so presumably has happened before. Food always good, nice atmosphere, quaint building in quiet little place, wouldn't believe it is so close to busy roads. Definitely return again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JanieA49
Reviewed 8 March 2014

First impressions were good. The menu was interesting, varied and promised good value. Staff were friendly and welcoming. There was a large group of regulars who appeared to be best friends with the bar staff - a good sign, we thought.

The food took almost 40 mins to arrive, but when the food arrived it looked great. However the taste test was catastrophically failed. I opted for Sea Food Risotto WITH scallops. The only sea food WAS the scallops; this dish should be re-labelled carrot risotto. The rice was woefully under-cooked. After eating the carrots, and finding NO sea food I left the rice. My husband ordered the Pork Tenderloin. The pork was incredibly tough. The root veg mash tasted as if it had been re-heated (a pet hate of ours). All-in-all overwhelmingly disappointing.

No-one came to the table to ask if we are enjoying our meal and we didn't feel that we could go to the bar in front of the large group of 'merry' regulars and complain about the meal. It wasn't that we were intimidated, it was that I don't like to cause a scene in front of people. We did mention our dissatisfaction quietly when we paid as there was a 'lull' in the bar activity. Save to say we would not recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst visiting relatives in the area. The Inn was very welcoming, with the log fires lit and exposed beams. Almondsbury is such a quiet little area, and nice place to stay to get out of the hustle and bustle of Bristol. I stayed in a lovely room with lots of character and was clean and tidy. The only comment I would mention is a few of the light bulbs in the room were blown, which should be replaced. Me and my family had a meal there in the eve which was so lovely. I had steak, which I'm very fussy about how it is cooked. The steak was cooked to perfection and couldn't fault it. Breakfast was great in the morning, plenty of selection. Overall my stay was lovely and would definitely visit again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sammo44
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for one night mid Feb. I am a student and was attending an assessment centre for a graduate job role the next day. Unfortunately I didn't receive an email from the assessors in time, and when already at The Bowl Inn I realised I needed additional paperwork with me that I did not have. Very, very kindly, a lady who works here used my memory stick to print off the appropriate document for me. If she had not, I dread to think what would have happened..! I am very pleased to say that I was also offered a graduate role, and am very thankful to everyone at The Bowl Inn.

Rooms are quaint and very nice. The Inn reminded me a little of something off Emmerdale, looks absolutely lovely. Also set in a 'bowl' and we heard the phone being answered as 'the Bowl Inn the bowl' which made us giggle. Obviously very popular with locals because the car park was rather full when we arrived, but everyone leaves promptly at about 11pm to ensure you get a good night's sleep if you're staying.

Would definitely recommend The Bowl Inn. Lovely friendly people and a lovely setting. I am very grateful, thank you for your help.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business