“Does Exactly What It Says On The Tin.”

Almondsbury Interchange Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Almondsbury
Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you are visiting the Bristol area and looking for somewhere to lay your head that isn't going to break the bank, look no further.
If you're looking for a luxurious hotel break - well, probably not for you.
It's an easy drive to and from the city centre. It's clean. The single bed I slept in was wonderful. O.K. some of the facilities have seen better days and the breakfast wasn't a gourmet feast but for the tariff, it's probably unbeatable value. And, best of all, the staff were wonderful - helpful and friendly (special mention goes to the eighteen year old student who manned the bar when I was there and the desk staff who were very forthcoming with information.)
I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We used this hotel as a base for a weekend away. We paid £48 for 2 people for 2 nights & it was well worth every penny. It was easy to find just off the M5 & the staff on reception couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. The room had everything we needed & was comfortable & clean, although a little dated. We had breakfast included in the price & this consisted of a choice of cereals & toast, along with tea, coffee & juice. Everything was constantly being topped up so there was never an issue with things running out. The waitress comes around at breakfast time & asks if anybody would like a full english breakfast for the cost of £2 per person. We didn't have one but others who did, said that it was very nice & worth the £2. My only negative comment on this hotel would be that, contrary to what their website says, there is no facility for food during the evening. We had been out all day on the Saturday & as we wouldn't be arriving back until around 6.30pm, we had decided that we would eat at the hotel on the evening. When we enquired at reception, they informed us that they didn't serve food in the evening but he did assist us with an alternative place to eat. Overall, we would be more than happy to recommend this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

15 minutes drive to city centre. Good parking facilities. Unable to comment on food as we only had continental breakfast (no Full English breakfast served during the Christmas period).
No shower, only bath. Not enough toiletries. Old-style TV.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The room was clean, bed comfortable and the bed linen spotless. However, the room had a 1970's feel - hessian wallpaper/shag pile carpet, temperamental TV and the restaurant was not open in the evening (as was advertised on web site). Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I needed somewhere to stay long term, this was the ticket. I can't see the issues. It is clearly a budget hotel. There were some dated features certainally. But I couldn't complain for the price. I brokered a deal to stay for a long period of time. Which was fantastic. Everyone was really warm and friendly. My only complaint was I thought the food prices in the bar were a little high for what you got. I'd also mention be up early or you will miss breakfast.

Its not a 3 star in some of the rooms but it'll dam well do for the price. I think some rooms have been made over.

Room Tip: I ended up with a warm room, TV, ensuite and double bed at a very reasonable cost. Request close to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Needed a place to stay while visiting relatives over Christmas. Booked a single room here expecting the usual 'single bed in a box room' and was very pleasantly surprised. Whilst services were basic over the Christmas period my room was fresh, clean, well furnished with a comfortable double bed, plenty of hanging and drawer space and a desk - and plenty of space to move (I understand all singles are furnished this way)
The hotel appears to be family run and staff were friendly and welcoming. Room rate included continental breakfast. Whilst not boasting the frills of nearby 4* properties this was excellent value for money and with such spacious singles a great budget location for business stays just off M5 and across from Aztec West.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed here at the weekend and wished we hadn't!! We eventually arrived after a very long journey around 11pm and we were very tired so just wanted to sleep. The first thing I didn't like was the fact that I was asked to pay straight away, my card had already been pre-authorised. I mentioned this to the (not exactly friendly, could have been tired!) receptionist and she said they always took payment on arrival especially for one night and payment hadn't been taken already. The door lock was bust, so we had to put the chain on! We were in room 24 and when I pulled the bed back noticed peeping out of the corner of the duvet cover a dirty bitty duvet with (curly -pubic?) hairs on!! The duvet cover and pillowcases seemed to be clean. And I can vouch for the cobwebs too! Very off putting I can tell you :(

When I popped to the loo in the night I noticed we didn't have a shower, yet the information I printed out said every room had a bath AND shower. I am not a bath person - I always think of it as sitting in your own dirt and also I can't wash my hair in a bath and it needed washing! I rang reception at 6.30am and informed them there was no shower, I was told there was a shower in every room! I said well come and look for yourself! The gentlemen made some excuse about a maintenance man (the bath wasn't new, there was dirt around the taps and no signs of any shower ever being there) and said to mention it on booking out because he was going off duty. We asked for another bath towel because we only had one. I did take a bath but was unable to wash my hair and we were attending a family party so I wasn't happy :( I opened the window in the night and noticed a rodent box underneath and in the morning saw used condom wrappers too!! NICE!! We didn't sleep very well, doors were being slammed, the bed was lumpy and it was very hot in the room.

Apparently the hotel was fully booked. I had booked a couple of weeks in advance.

We went to breakfast, which consisted of toast, half of grapefuit and cereal, so decided to pay £2.00 each extra for a cooked breakfast, which was adequate. The bacon, egg, beans and fried bread were okay but the sausages were cheap one so we took them out to our dog - who had been sleeping in the car overnight. There is an old boarded up house right by the hotel with an old bath/furniture chucked outside which is a real eyesore. The staff were very friendly and most of them helpful.

It's a shame that this hotel was so run down it would have been ideal for us when we come down to visit our families. I hope someone takes over the place and brings it upto standard and the we would come back but until then we won't!

By the way I mentioned that we had no shower on checkout and that the toilet had stopped flushing (this happened in the morning!) and the lady on reception said we could have our cooked breakfast free - £4.00 - BIG DEAL!! I paid £49.00 for the night and the next night I stayed in a lovely place for a tenner less - review to follow - a totally diffferent experience to this.

I HAVE MARKED IT HAS POOR BECAUSE OF THE BREAKFAST OTHERWISE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN TERRIBLE!!

I await a reply from the manager on this site ........................

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almondsbury
Swan Hotel
Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol
Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol
#1 of 5 in Almondsbury
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North

Been to Almondsbury Interchange Hotel? Share your experiences!