I stayed at Tortworth court at the end of last month for my best friend's wedding. I was initially impressed each time I had attended the hotel by its grounds and structure, and the orangery and Westminster suite, where the wedding breakfast and party were to be held were wonderful. The setting all round the hotel is ultimately beautiful yet unfortunately the service did not keep up with the pleasing aesthetics. The mother of the bride booked us a spa day the day prior to the wedding, which was great, the beauticians were lovely and the treatments were soothing. What I found disappointing was that they did not warn us that the time we must arrive at the spa is the beginning of the treatments so when we arrived to the desk about 5-10 minutes late, two treatments had already begun and the bride and m.o.b had shorter treatments than the rest. I just find this a bit disappointing that they couldn't pre warn us that the time to arrive was the beginning of the treatments. The rest of the stay got worse service wise. We ordered room service that evening as a group of 7, the receptionist was not best pleased to be taking an order of 7 by his frosty tones each time I said the next meal. Yet we each organised our costs towards this but when the food came they tried to charge us and extra £40. The receptionist whom we ordered with had bought the food and his attitude to us. He proceeded to huff and puff and sigh when we struggled to comprehend the extra money spent. We then noticed they had given us an extra two meals that they initially refused to take back, yet after the bride got a bit unsettled by the situation, they agreed. Before sleeping we wrote out our breakfast orders, but this was also not received correctly and despite that every breakfast comes with continental toast and pastries, they appeared to have missed our breakfast tray, and considering I had requested a fruit bowl with no melon that came very much with melon, and the bride was banking on the continental breakfast for a little bite, we were not too amused. We had also woken up to a bill of a further £20 of room service "charge" which when enquiring about, was one of the extra meals they had tried to charge the previous evening. The rest of the day was filled with the occasional wedding day stress that we're not helped by the hotel staff. I found the attitudes of staff was generally disappointing and let down the the whole vibe of the hotel. They were not all entirely useless but the majority of them were unpleasant and unhelpful. I was also not entirely impressed by the quality of the food and the prices charged and can't say I would recommend the hotel for anything but a beautiful location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Cotswolds country house hotel is situated in a stunning South Gloucestershire location, conveniently near to Bristol. A grade II* listed Victorian mansion, De Vere Tortworth Court offers all the grandeur of an elegant Cotswold's hotel alongside the hotel facilities of a premier four star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your De Vere Tortworth Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortworth Court 4 Pillars Hotel
- Court Hotel Tortworth
- Tortworth Court Hotel
- De Vere Tortworth Court Gloucestershire