“Dismal”

White Horse Hotel Bar
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

45 minutes to wait for a nasty sandwich, on a bright sunny day when they weren't even very busy. The pulled pork melt sandwich was cold, and that cheese had never been near a grill. The salad was atrocious - a few limp leaves.

1  Thank CNXRuss

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We came her to look around before booking it as a function venue. An hour early, we couldn't get parked and had to park some distance away and walk back. We decided to have lunch while we waited, without introducing who we are. Audrey took my order and money without looking at me once, and sent me to the bar to collect the drinks I'd paid for. Whilst I was waiting to be served at the bar (8 minutes) someone also delivered those drinks to my table. 38 minutes later, the food arrived. Fish and chips, beautiful light batter, lovely chips, succulent fish. Very good price. We didn't stick around to review the function facilities after the service we'd recieved, however. Toilets smelly and cubicle door missing its lock.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great atmosphere you can sit in the restaurant, the bar area or when the weather allows outside. The dining areas offer a fantastic view of the ocean. At lunchtime they offer a selection of sandwiches, baked potatoes etc with full cooked meals and puddings if desired They also have an a la carte menu you can order from. The staff are wonderful and do everything possible to make your meal as enjoyable as possible. We really enjoyed the fish and chips and the smoked haddock and spinach. Also had the sticky toffee pudding.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Went for lunch. Very long wait for food, my salmon extremely overcooked, broccoli burnt. Complained to waiter, apologies but no offer of anything else. Even if there had been we couldn't wait another hour for a replacement. Offered a free coffee and wait for it.....the cost of the meal would be taken off the bill. I sat with my coffee while my partner ate his mixed grill. Said this was acceptable.

To add insult to injury my meal was still on the bill when we paid. The (very nice) waiter had to check with the manager, who promptly scuttled into the kitchen!!.

Never, ever again !!

1  Thank Nelliekay
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Called in for a drink & bar food. Made to feel as if we were unwelcome, had to wait an hour for a burger, when it arrived, it was cold & accompanied by very little else.

1  Thank Penguinboys