Review Highlights
Where are all the sunshades?

Cycled along to have some drinks on the terrace and listen to the music last Sunday. Friendly and... read more

Reviewed 23 July 2018
Trevorthedriver
Bolney, United Kingdom
Worst Roast Ever!

The roast look well presented, but tasteless, were the roast potatoes frozen then cooked in old fat... read more

Reviewed 25 March 2018
Harvey1985
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We came her to look around before booking it as a function venue. An hour early, we couldn't get parked and had to park some distance away and walk back. We decided to have lunch while we waited, without introducing who we are. Audrey took my order and money without looking at me once, and sent me to the bar to collect the drinks I'd paid for. Whilst I was waiting to be served at the bar (8 minutes) someone also delivered those drinks to my table. 38 minutes later, the food arrived. Fish and chips, beautiful light batter, lovely chips, succulent fish. Very good price. We didn't stick around to review the function facilities after the service we'd recieved, however. Toilets smelly and cubicle door missing its lock.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great atmosphere you can sit in the restaurant, the bar area or when the weather allows outside. The dining areas offer a fantastic view of the ocean. At lunchtime they offer a selection of sandwiches, baked potatoes etc with full cooked meals and puddings if desired They also have an a la carte menu you can order from. The staff are wonderful and do everything possible to make your meal as enjoyable as possible. We really enjoyed the fish and chips and the smoked haddock and spinach. Also had the sticky toffee pudding.

Date of experience: January 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Went for lunch. Very long wait for food, my salmon extremely overcooked, broccoli burnt. Complained to waiter, apologies but no offer of anything else. Even if there had been we couldn't wait another hour for a replacement. Offered a free coffee and wait for it.....the cost of the meal would be taken off the bill. I sat with my coffee while my partner ate his mixed grill. Said this was acceptable.

To add insult to injury my meal was still on the bill when we paid. The (very nice) waiter had to check with the manager, who promptly scuttled into the kitchen!!.

Never, ever again !!

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank Nelliekay
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Called in for a drink & bar food. Made to feel as if we were unwelcome, had to wait an hour for a burger, when it arrived, it was cold & accompanied by very little else.

Date of experience: May 2013
1  Thank Penguinboys
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Food is the worst kind of microwave cooking. Interior is in need of very thorough remake. Looks dated and tired.
Location in Rottingdean is great so worth a new start. Go there for a beer and sit outside but any other place for lunch or dinner is better.

Date of experience: May 2013