“Awesome Burger!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Awesome Burger!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Been here loads of times and it's always great - massive home made Burger (2-4-1 on Wednesdays!), good beer and very friendly staff. Love it!

Goldenliongroup, Manager at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thanks Seb,

Glad you enjoyed it. Our burgers are pretty special....
I'm sure we'll see you again soon. Thanks so much for your kinds words!

The Plough xx

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great veggie Sunday roast!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We don't write reviews much but had to write a review because so impressed by our Sunday roast today. Because our daughter has a severe peanut allergy we can't usually have a Sunday roast at a pub because it's always boring nut roast. Not here. Fantastic homemade veggie sausages & all the trimmings...Yorkshire pud, roast parsnips, roast potatoes, red cabbage, swede mash, broccoli...all cooked to perfection and so delicious. Great straightforward price of £10 each. Puddings were really good & excellent presentation. We had sticky toffee pudding & chocolate mousse. Big compliment to the chef. Really high standard. The staff were friendly & made us feel welcome..two kids & two dogs in tow so could've got messy! They got the dogs water without being asked & were lovely to the children. Our waiter was obviously very busy but didn't look stressed & nothing was too much trouble for him. Well done Dave Day & well done the team at The Plough. A fantastic old style village pub which ticks all the boxes and more. Terrific food, good price & really nice atmostphere.

Visited April 2014
Goldenliongroup, Manager at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Aww you guys!
I'm really pleased you enjoyed your visit. I know our chef Saja has spent a lot of time getting the veg option on a Sunday 'just right', and she was thrilled with your feedback.
Thanks for taking the time to get in touch, we hope see you again soon!
Lyndon
Los Angeles, California
“great food”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stopped here for lunch on a whim and found a great place. Nice old pub, very friendly and attentive staff and really good food. Very good value. My wife had one of the best burgers she has ever eaten. My steak pie was delicious . All home made and the portions were generous. Would recommend it to anyone and we will certainly go again.

• Visited April 2014
Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for your kind words. Our kitchen team was delighted to hear you were so happy with everything.
We hope to see again in the future!
Peacehaven, United Kingdom
“Excellent fayre!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Took my Mum for a Mother's Day lunch. I enjoyed a ham hock terrine followed by a beef roast... both courses were incredibly tasty and the service wasn't half bad either! Am looking forward to my next visit already!

• Visited March 2014
Essex
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Visited a few months ago for family birthday lunch. I must say that I was disappointed, roasts were over cooked, small and didn't live up to expectations.

We won't be rushing back

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank toggies
Hi there,

Many thanks for your feedback.
I'm sorry we weren't able to live up to your expectations on this occasion.
Whilst I don't wish to make excuses, I notice your visit was a few months ago.
We had previously had some staffing issues in the kitchen, and this may have been
why we weren't at our best. I think in the months that have passed we've done our best to overcome those obstacles, as I hope is reflected in subsequent reviews from other customers throughout 2014.
I really hope you find an opportunity to come visit us again, so we can show you the improvements we've made!
Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch. it's greatly appreciated!
Lyndon