I have been to Headlam Hall several times and have always enjoyed my visits.
The meals are fantastic and are definitely a highlight. I love the two complimentary courses which include soup and a sorbet. i'm not convinced by Gin and Tonic flavour sorbet on this ocassion but that's obviously personal taste.
The rooms in the main building do the job though the bathroom was far too small on this ocassion as i had to enter the shower cubicle sideways and struggled to wash my hair as it was so narrow.
I have previously stayed in the newer rooms above the spa and i believe these are the best rooms. More expensive but worth the extra money.
We always come for a spa break and whilst small we have always enjoyed the sauna, steam room, pool and outside jacuzzi. On this occasion however the jacuzzi was much too cold and we couldn't stay in for any longer than a few minutes. It wasn't just us either. Nobody stayed in long and people usually commented on the temperature then went into the sauna to warm up.
We asked if it could be warmed but were told it was at the correct temperature and the computer seemed to have a greater say than the staff. We just got shrugged shoulders and were told it was the right temperature. Pity none of the customers agreed!
The steam room was also cool and seemed to only produce steam for a minute or two before going off. I eventually left the steam room shivering!! I'm sure that's not supposed to happen!
So my spa experience was a disappointment on this ocassion but it has been excellent all other times i have visited.
The lounge and bar area is lovely and we always enjoy taking a drink through after our meal to enjoy the open fireplace.
The overall value is excellent for people wanting a relaxing weekend of room, spa and an tasty dinner.
I shall definitely visit again..fingers crossed they will have solved the spa issues by then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-star country house hotel with luxury spa and golf course. Set in beautiful gardens and surrounded by open countryside making an ideal rural retreat. Restaurant serving award winning 2 AA rosette food made with local produce and friendly professional service. Independent family owned and run hotel and farm. North East Small Hotel of the Year 2009/10. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa And Golf
- Headlam Hall Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf