“Course Facilities”

Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Headlam
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I'm halfway through a course which isn't normally run at this hotel, and the preceeding couple of weeks have been nerve wracking as it's quite arduous, however the course aside the hotel has and is making it so much more pleasureable the staff have been amazing the food is amazing and a special mention must go to Steven the phrase bending over backwards was coined for this young man. The hotel ticks every box for all types of guest and especially as these type of events are not common here, the Course organisers will definitely be advised by the whole course to keep it here.

Michael

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MDW491

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here with a group of friends for 1 night to celebrate my 40th Birthday! This hotel certainly has The Wow factor.....the historic main house is stunning, and has such a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The new parts of the hotel are modern, but blend in very well with the old main house. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating....special mention to the lovely Brian, Jade and the reception staff team. Everything was just perfect. We had a beautiful dinner in The Olive room. This room was very tastefully decorated and was just perfect. There are really too many great things to say about this hotel, and my fingers are hurting typing. My advice would be to go and try it out for yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed! Thanks to all the team who really do run a brilliant hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We enjoyed Easter Sunday and Easter Monday at Headlam Hall.

We can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We have stayed in the Main Hall rooms before, which are lovely however this time we stayed in one of the spa rooms. They are also very nice. We stayed in the Lavender room which is really well appointed with a very comfortable bedroom and lounge and with very high housekeeping standards. Whilst all aspects of this hotel are of outstanding quality, particular plus points for us are the standard of food and the high quality spa (pool, sauna, steam room, outside terrace, outside hydrotherapy pool).

Our dinner was again exceptional with outstanding food quality and service. The venison we had was the best we have ever had.

Service in the bar/lounge area is attentive and the lunch we had in the brasserie on Easter Sunday was really nice.

We will definitely return to this hotel and 110% recommend a stay there. Wonderful spa break with a fantastic dinner.

Room Tip: We liked the spa rooms as you can go to the pool in your dressing gown, however the main hall is als...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed overnight during a business trip.The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.The room was clean , very comfortable and deliciously warm.The restaurant provided excellent, high quality and delicious food.As a woman travelling on my own, I felt very at ease,safe and welcomed.The spa was clean and I enjoyed a quiet hour in there.I didn't have time to fully experience the grounds but the small bit I saw looked to be beautiful and well kept.The location allows for a gorgeous drive through the countryside but is not too far from the larger towns.It was a joy to find a hotel staffed by local people and I would definitely return when i am in that area again.

Room Tip: Ask the staff when booking.I required a ground floor room as I had lots of buckets of flowers to mov...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Annette U
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice whilst working away with work.

First night I arrived late, ate in the fabulous restaurant and went to bed. Experience was good and I felt it was good value - I didn't know the half of it!

Second night I arrived a lot earlier and got to take advantage of the facilities.

As a keen golfer I tried out the nine hole course and was amazed by such an interesting little course. A real beauty that you wouldn't expect on the back of a hotel.

The spa, gym and pool were also brilliant and as they are fairly new felt very luxurious.

I basked in the beautiful grounds as well as in the summertime this is a real English treat.

I enjoyed the trip so much I am looking for reasons to be up in this area again to revisit.

I can't say enough good things about this place - you have to try!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had lunch at this wonderful 17th century country hall which is a immaculately maintained and well run establishment. I started with home made parsnip soup and we both settled for Boeuf Bourguignon for our main. My wife then finished with Sticky Toffee Pudding while I chose Panna Cotta with fresh Strawberries and cream, all were cooked beautifully and very tasty at a very reasonable price. Service is very welcoming and I would urge anyone in the area to give it a try, we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Wednesday last week with my sister. Felt very welcomed and very comfortable from the offset. This is a hotel with no pretending it's anything else accept what it is, a beautiful family ran country house hotel with oddles of charm, sophisticated decor, atmosphere second to nowhere. Service in this home from home is lovely, very friendly with great personality from everyone. On to the food: delicious is probably a apt word. Surf and turf starter is a must a great combination of... Well not telling you you must find out for yourself, main was venison simply perfection, craving for it now! I would probably go on till my fingers hurt typing but I won't. If you want to experience a country house hotel that has everything going on for it and I mean everything it has to be headlam hall hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headlam
Rockliffe Hall
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel

Been to Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!