“Top quality hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Headlam
Lancashire
“Top quality hotel”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Everything here is top quality, lovely old hall beautifully furnished, friendly helpful and attentive staff, comfortable bedrooms, fabulous facilities, wonderful walled gardens and the most amazing food, still can't believe the incredible flavours of the stone bass indian style, has to be the best food I have ever tasted. Every effort seems to have been made by the owners to ensure that the comfort of the guests is paramount, and they have done a brilliant job. Hoping we can manage another stay later in the year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have been to spa days here before but never stayed over until now. I would thoroughly recommend it. The building is 17th century, very well looked after and tastefully decorated. I booked online but spoke to reception to book a table in the restaurant and when I stated it was for our wedding anniversary was told, "let me see what I can do", then was told she had upgraded our room. When we arrived we were given a lovely welcome and given a guided tour to our room by Brian the Day Porter. We were in the Garth Suite! A very acceptable upgrade. Thank you!
We spent some time in the spa which has a very relaxing atmosphere and good facilities. Again we received a friendly welcome.
Later we enjoyed a lovely meal in the Orangery restaurant, followed by coffee and drinks in the lounge/bar.
Breakfast (again in the Orangery) was delicious. The poached eggs were cooked perfectly. Hubby really enjoyed his full breakfast.
The gardens are beautiful too and the whole experience, although far too short, was wonderful.
We will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Garth Suite was lovely!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mirfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I'm halfway through a course which isn't normally run at this hotel, and the preceeding couple of weeks have been nerve wracking as it's quite arduous, however the course aside the hotel has and is making it so much more pleasureable the staff have been amazing the food is amazing and a special mention must go to Steven the phrase bending over backwards was coined for this young man. The hotel ticks every box for all types of guest and especially as these type of events are not common here, the Course organisers will definitely be advised by the whole course to keep it here.

Michael

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MDW491
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here with a group of friends for 1 night to celebrate my 40th Birthday! This hotel certainly has The Wow factor.....the historic main house is stunning, and has such a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The new parts of the hotel are modern, but blend in very well with the old main house. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating....special mention to the lovely Brian, Jade and the reception staff team. Everything was just perfect. We had a beautiful dinner in The Olive room. This room was very tastefully decorated and was just perfect. There are really too many great things to say about this hotel, and my fingers are hurting typing. My advice would be to go and try it out for yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed! Thanks to all the team who really do run a brilliant hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Newcastle, UK
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We enjoyed Easter Sunday and Easter Monday at Headlam Hall.

We can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We have stayed in the Main Hall rooms before, which are lovely however this time we stayed in one of the spa rooms. They are also very nice. We stayed in the Lavender room which is really well appointed with a very comfortable bedroom and lounge and with very high housekeeping standards. Whilst all aspects of this hotel are of outstanding quality, particular plus points for us are the standard of food and the high quality spa (pool, sauna, steam room, outside terrace, outside hydrotherapy pool).

Our dinner was again exceptional with outstanding food quality and service. The venison we had was the best we have ever had.

Service in the bar/lounge area is attentive and the lunch we had in the brasserie on Easter Sunday was really nice.

We will definitely return to this hotel and 110% recommend a stay there. Wonderful spa break with a fantastic dinner.

Room Tip: We liked the spa rooms as you can go to the pool in your dressing gown, however the main hall is als...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandhurst
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed overnight during a business trip.The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.The room was clean , very comfortable and deliciously warm.The restaurant provided excellent, high quality and delicious food.As a woman travelling on my own, I felt very at ease,safe and welcomed.The spa was clean and I enjoyed a quiet hour in there.I didn't have time to fully experience the grounds but the small bit I saw looked to be beautiful and well kept.The location allows for a gorgeous drive through the countryside but is not too far from the larger towns.It was a joy to find a hotel staffed by local people and I would definitely return when i am in that area again.

Room Tip: Ask the staff when booking.I required a ground floor room as I had lots of buckets of flowers to mov...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Annette U
Midlands
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice whilst working away with work.

First night I arrived late, ate in the fabulous restaurant and went to bed. Experience was good and I felt it was good value - I didn't know the half of it!

Second night I arrived a lot earlier and got to take advantage of the facilities.

As a keen golfer I tried out the nine hole course and was amazed by such an interesting little course. A real beauty that you wouldn't expect on the back of a hotel.

The spa, gym and pool were also brilliant and as they are fairly new felt very luxurious.

I basked in the beautiful grounds as well as in the summertime this is a real English treat.

I enjoyed the trip so much I am looking for reasons to be up in this area again to revisit.

I can't say enough good things about this place - you have to try!

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headlam
Redworth Hall Hotel
Wynyard Hall
#1 of 1 in Billingham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,020 reviews
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel

Been to Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!