I visited Headlam Hall as a surprise night away with my partner, i requested a four poster bed upon booking and was delighted to see that she had acted on my request.
upon arrival we were both very impressed, the hall and gardens have been very well maintained throughout. Gym and Spa facilities are great and all the staff are extremely helpful. very nice outdoor hot tub coupled with the warm weather and sun loungers made you feel on holiday abroad.
The bedroom was extremely unique with lots or interesting little quirks that set it apart from other halls in the area. The hotel possesses a very nice bar area and conservatory style restaurant.
The only negative i can say is the hotel seemed very understaffed, there was one person working in the bar and also taking everybody's orders for dinner. At one point i stood at the bar area for about 15 mins and ended up leaving due to lack of service.
As i hadn't heard of this place until i stumbled across it online i was pleasantly impressed and if you are looking for a relaxing break away i would highly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-star country house hotel with luxury spa and golf course. Set in beautiful gardens and surrounded by open countryside making an ideal rural retreat. Restaurant serving award winning 2 AA rosette food made with local produce and friendly professional service. Independent family owned and run hotel and farm. North East Small Hotel of the Year 2009/10. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa And Golf
- Headlam Hall Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf