All reviews main hall outdoor jacuzzi coach house hole golf course mews room sorbet the main hotel hot tub steam room country house hotel evening meal wedding party lovely hotel afternoon tea relaxing break raby hunt from start to finish
Reviewed 9 November 2016

It was my father's 90th and we were a group of 14, friends and family from all over the globe. We were given a small relatively private room and the services of three lovely staff. I am sorry but I did not get their names, but I guess all the staff are lovely.
We had a choice of food and it was all spot on. The wine was reasonably priced and the whole event was enjoyed by all. There were weddings and other family occassions happening near us, but at no stage were we infringed upon or did we feel like a lesser group.
I completley recomend Headlam Hall and commend all it's staff.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Having stopped at Headlam Hall several times before and enjoyed the lovely atmosphere and food we decided to book for our wedding.

We cannot fault the attention we were given by the staff on the big day, the event ran flawlessly. The food was excellent and piping hot, all our guests commented how much they enjoyed the day.

A big thank you to all the staff that helped make this such a memorable occasion.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We recently celebrated my Mam's 80th birthday at Headlam Hall. Everything was fantastic. The rooms were very clean with comfortable beds and well equipped bathrooms and large soft towels. The Spa area was really nice and enabled us to relax prior to our evening meal.The evening meal was very enjoyable with lots of choice and good sized portions.Staff were very friendly and helpful.Overall a great weekend enjoyed by all.

1  Thank IvorMcMain
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I stayed her for my Nephews wedding and things did not go well for our stay. The hotel is really nice and I dare say the facilities were nice too if we could use them! (but it was plain that they don't like kids here)! The times for the pool, I was told in no uncertain terms were from 8am to 10am for the admission of kids at weekends(even though in the room it clearly said from 8.00am to 11.00am on Sundays which I noticed later). Check in was not until 3.00am which is pretty poor when you are attending a wedding which starts at 1.00pm. It would have been good if we could have been allowed to use the facilities beforehand AND given a room to freshen up in that a few of the guests could share whilst we waited for our rooms to be made available. Regardless of whether the admission time for kids was right or wrong for us to use the pool with the kids on the Sunday morning, the breakfast service was so slow and poor that we were left with no time to even look at it. It took 30 minutes for my 10 year old daughter to get 2 x rashers of bacon - that was all she wanted! Service aside, the content of the breakfast was as good as a decent Marriott, Premier Inn or Holiday inn but was cooked to order instead of having a buffet. The apple juice ran out 3 times and I had to chase for this too. The room was supposed to be a family room but was no bigger than the average sized Holiday in or Premier in room with 1 double and 2 single beds bundled in. Had I not said something I would have paid £60.00 for a 9 year old boy to stay on a put-me-up and my 10yr old daughter to stay in the single bed that (from the headboard) I could see was permanently there. With 4 in the room not only was it a tight squeeze, use of the wardrobe with the bed in front was restricted and there was no air-con. I have stayed in some really nice hotels for much less than what we paid here but at least the manageress did appease us slightly with this. I'm sure that this hotel has so much to offer but sadly we were unable to see it. That said, we did not let it spoil the wedding and made sure that we had a good time even if we did have to let the kids down.

Room tip: If you are getting a family room for 4 I would ask for a bigger room than "Holly" (it was either room 33 or 35)
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Our room over the spa was first rate, lovely huge comfy bed, thick fluffy towels, all you could wish for.
The swimming pool was just right for 30lengths before our excellent breakfast.
The grounds and gardens are beautiful in the autumn sunshine. I could stay here for ever, as long as the weather stays like this.

Room tip: Beautiful view out over the countryside. Lovely and quiet. Laurel.
3  Thank Judith C