“Excellent cuisine at 'Le Bocage'”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yvetot-Bocage
Le Bocage Hotel-Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yvetot-Bocage
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We have visited 'Le Bocage' for meals on several occasions, but have not stayed there so can't comment on the accommodation.
The cuisine is outstanding, among the best, indeed, probably the best, we have found in and around Normandy. Nothing is too much trouble for M. et Mme Gasperment. Prices are very reasonable considering the high standards that are being set.

The buildings are recently restored in the regional style. The restaurant is spacious and comfortable. Toilet facilities are modern and spotless.

We recommend the restaurant at 'Le Bocage' without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank jc06
Reviewed 16 July 2008

This welcoming hotel restaurant was recently converted from a traditional stone farmhouse and the delightful accommodation is fresh and modern. A nice touch was the complimentary coffee tea & bottled water in the room. Good value on a half board basis and the choice of dishes excellent. The food was imaginative and well presented. On a practical note travelling with a classic open top jaguar we appreciated the secure locked car park .

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank ATJP
Reviewed 20 March 2008

I visit this part of France on a regular basis and have tended to stay in the chain hotels in Cherbourg. However, since I was travelling with a client, my local colleague recommended Le Bocage due to it's location, reputation and restaurant.

The first impression upon arriving in the spacious car park is that everything has been done rather well, even the stone built menu display is a feat of workmanship. The welcome from Sylvie was very warm, and she was happy for me to speak English. We were shown to our rooms, with a quick explanation of how the high quality bathroom fittings worked.

My room (Marine) was finished to the highest standard with gorgeous underfloor heating in both the tiled bedroom (I think the wooden plank effect floor were tiles), and in the extremely stylish bathroom where the floor and shower floor comprised a pebble mosaic.

Sensing that I was a business traveller, I was offered a LAN cable for my laptop, and later I plugged in for an immediate and free connection.

We were joined for dinner by two colleagues and enjoyed truly delicious French cuisine in three courses from the local menu. Breakfast was typically French, with coffee, fresh croissants and bread, yogurt and fresh orange juice squeezed to order.

I only write Tripadvisor reviews when I have been delighted or had my expectations exceeded. Both happened at Le Bocage, I will be back !

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Concordepilot19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yvetot-Bocage
Chateau de Flottemanville
#1 of 2 in Bricquebec
No photo provided
La Lamberterie
#1 of 1 in Yvetot-Bocage

Been to Le Bocage Hotel-Restaurant? Share your experiences!