“Definitely returning”

The Manor House Hotel Restaurant
Price range: US$34 - US$47
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A charming and unmistakably English manor house that dates back to the 12th century, The Manor House Hotel is home to a team who believe that warm hospitality is as strong a British tradition as the luscious landscaped gardens the building stands in. There are rumours of ghosts haunting the halls, but nothing untowardly shocking on the menu. Indeed, the Manor House Hotel���s restaurant continues the British theme, offering traditional and exotic but always locally sourced British cuisine to the highest standards and most artistic presentation, whilst the adjacent brassiere maintains a similar lofty standard in a more relaxed setting.
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a spa break with a friend. Absolutely fabulous. The room was spacious and comfortable (room 1). Everything about the spa was super including the treatments we both chose. Luxurious robes and towels supplied. The changing rooms were clean and tidy.
This is a very old country manor and has oodles of character with creaky doors!!
The staff were very friendly and obliging especially Bobbie who had to endure our banter till the early hours and Ben who served our evening meal.
Without a doubt a hotel stay to recommend.

There are newer reviews for The Manor House Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Wide choice on menu also good value for money, food was really nice served by very pleasant helpful staff.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Quirky place. I would not choose to enter their establishment again. The food was well cooked and I had the steak, but I could not eat any of it as it was stringy and full of sinew etc.
Having got up the courage to complain I was avoided thereafter, and on leaving, someone came bounding over, presumably to ensure I paid before I left.
No apology-no have some money back, or a free mint julep. Goodnight Vienna.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Today we had lunch at the Manor-----I had for main course the roast pork with trimmings
When asked if every thing was ok I told the waitress that the pork was akin to eating leather-"I will inform the chef was the reply"----on completion of our lunch my son payed the bill-----no mention of any remark from the chef-------maybe he was too busy bashing hell out of the pork to tenderise it-----on the whole the meal was not too bad,but red cabbage that ressembled sea weed,did not do the meal any more favours----the starter was good and the sweet not bad,just hope it improves to the standard that we were led to believe they maintained at a pleasant hotel

1  Thank madaca
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a lovely meal at the hotel in the restaurant. The menu is a little pricey - but the food that we ate was very good and therefore i didnt mind paying a bit more. If the food had not been so good then i would have been disappointed at the prices. Lovely restaurant, we sat by the window overlooking the gardens. Gardens are a bit overgrown and could do with a bit of TLC. Staff were very good and very attentive.

1  Thank Crannyndave
AngelaThomas, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear CrannynDave,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience at The Manor House Hotel.

I am delighted that you had a lovely meal, and found the food to be great. I totally appreciate your comments about the garden, and have got the gardeners on the case this morning!

I have passed all your lovely comments on to the management team, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind Regards