“Sorry.......”

Broom Mill Farm Restaurant
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Durham
“Sorry.......”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Sorry Broom Mill Farm, we have been here on many occasion and the food and service has been great. However, today I was a little disappointed. The freshly cooked breakfast was very nice (as usual) but the service was quite poor. Many staff available but quite sullen and appearing as if everything was a chore. No eye contact from the young girl serving, poor social skills really to say that you are a food establishment. I had a coffee which was cold so I requested a fresh one - my complaint was accepted and a fresh coffee was brought to me but the cup tasted as if it hadn't been rinsed properly in the dishwasher and the coffee was very strong and over powered by the taste of the cup. I didn't like to complain again, I just thought it was best that I left quietly disappointed!

The farm shop used to be a pleasant shopping experience too but this also has disappointed me today. Low stocks of everything, very disorganised, no staff around, not inviting at all.

Sorry Broom Mill Farm!

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank sushutch

“Excellent ”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Although we didn't actually visit the shop We were at a house party on Saturday night and had a fantastic hog roast and the lady from acorn hog roast said that the pig had come from broom mill farm
Fantastic food with fantastic service

“Rubbish service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I have had a very enjoyable lunch here on a number of occasions however our most recent visit will be our last.
The place was quiet and our lunch arrived reasonably quickly, with the promise of coffee on its way. We ate half our lunch but still no coffee had arrived. I went in and asked about our coffee. Sometime later our coffee arrived along with a list of lame excuses, including that they had been a rush of orders which was strange as we were sat outside and anyone arriving would have passed our table.
They forgot about our coffee but instead of being honest we got lame excuses and in fact were made to feel unreasonable having complained. Rubbish service!

• Visited July 2014
“Good home cooked food”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had lunch here recently, food freshly prepared, meats from the farm itself. Also has a great little farm shop.

• Visited June 2014
York
“Great farm shop and diner.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Called in for a quick lunch while working in the area. Had a beef dinner and it was great.. All the meat is from the attached farm, reared by the owner... Was very impressed by the farm to fork concept, along with the quality of the meat. Will be back for more, super value too.

Visited May 2014