“A lovely hotel-superb value for money.”

and 1 more site!
The Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Auckland
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“A lovely hotel-superb value for money.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I went for an overnight break in January and it was an excellent start to the new year. We had a 25min treatment in our package and the therapists were friendly and it was a lovely relaxing experience. The spa was small but adequate. We cannot praise the staff enough...our first room was above a rather noisy extractor fan and they moved us immediately. They even upgraded us to a four poster bedroom, which had lots of character. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We'll certainly return.

Room Tip: Animals are allowed in the courtyard rooms, but they will put you in the main building if you specif...
2 Thank DebbieJ1620
James H, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear DebbieJ1620,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel.

I am delighted that you had an excellent stay, and found all of the staff helpful, and appreciated the character of the building and rooms.

I have passed your kind comments on to all of the staff and the management team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

James Hart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at The Manor House Hotel with three friends on a Living Social Deal. We had two twin rooms 30 & 31. The rooms were in the courtyard. They were spacious and very clean. The white towels in the room were lovely and soft and the beds were very comfy and the sheets spotless.

When we arrived we were greeted warmly and asked if we wanted to book a table in the restaurant for our evening meal, we chose not to.

We were given nice soft towelling robes and towels and spent three hours in the spa enjoying the sauna, steam room and pool and our 25 minute neck, shoulder and back massage which was included in the deal.

Our breakfast the next day was excellent, there was the usual choice of cereal, croissants, yogurts and fruit, followed by a full English breakfast with toast and tea or coffee.

I would definitely stay again deal or no deal.

Thank you Manor House.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear SanfranNewcastle,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Manor House Hotel this weekend.

I am delighted that you and your friends had a lovely stay, and enjoyed making use of our spa facilities.

I have passed your kind comments on to all of the staff and management team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent service very welcoming staff an very clean hotel. Lovely views and grounds Would recommend staying although in my view food and drink is way overpriced and not good value for money. About £16 for the cheapest bottle of house wine

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Iceycold,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and found the service from the staff to be excellent.

I have passed your kind comments on to the staff and the management team, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Prudhoe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last year and enjoyed it so much that I have just booked again to go back on our wedding anniversary in July. This time we are using the spar and treatments. The staff are really nice and the food excellent. Loved the four poster bed last time, this time we are trying the double standard which I'm sure will be just as nice .
When we walked into the hotel last year, it was like walking into a small castle. Loved the decor and everything else, even bought a lovely necklace from their fab jewellery collection. Felt like a proper princess, and can't wait to go back. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We loved the four poster bedroom.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Shrilly,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you have booked up to return.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and hope you have an equally enjoyable stay.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My boyfriend and I got back today from a fabulous spa break here. We were in room number 14 which was very clean and very close the spa facilities which was handy. Loved the massage treatment. Every member of staff we met was exceptionally friendly and welcoming. We had a full english breakfast this morning- I am a veggie and the veggie brekkie was lovely! The only thing I will say is neither of us had the best night sleep, found the bed and pillows quite hard, although I understand this is a personal preference. So we will defo be back, although we may bring our own pillows :-) Thanks for a lovely stay

Dear Sophie L,

I am delighted that you and your boyfriend had a fabulous spa break with us, and found the staff friendly and welcoming.

I have passed your lovely comments on to all of our staff and management team, and we look forward welcoming you both back very soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here on Saturday night and had a good night. The room was spotless and included a chair and sofa. When we first went in the room was cold so we asked for an extra heater and one was brought to us within minutes. The service from all the staff was spot on. As it was my wife's birthday we hoped it would be good and we were not disappointed. Our thanks to all the staff.

Dear Martin H,

I am delighted that you had a really good stay with us, and found the service from the staff excellent.

I have passed your kind comments on to all of our staff and management team, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

sunderland
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have stayed many times at this hotel and have always had such a good time and this occassion was no exception. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and extremely pleased to be upgraded (thank you Michelle). Staff were exceptional apart from one member who really lets the hotel down. Rest of the staff very friendly and accomodating. We used the leisure facilities but did not stay long as it was so busy with ladies having a spa day. We are looking forward to a return visit .

Dear jmackem,

I am delighted that you had another excellent stay with us. I am glad that you found the staff friendly and accomodating.

I have passed your kind comments on to all of our staff and managment team, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Auckland
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!