“Love it!!”

The Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Auckland
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Went here for a one night stay with my partner, and didn't disappoint! Service was quick, friendly and personal, room was warm, tidy and clean and the breakfast was lovely too! The only thing that would be helpful would to have information in the room about breakfast, spa and a wifi password (but that's being picky!) very good value for money, will certainly be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2014
AngelaThomas, Front Office Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Melissa R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. I am glad that you found the service friendly & personal, and the rooms comfortable & tidy.

For the next time you stay, we do have information in the compendiums in all of our rooms.

I have passed your kind comments on to the management team and all of the staff. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Me and my husband went a week ago for my husbands birthday we had a spa day can i just say the staff were second to none.Than we decided to stay for the night with dinner and breakfast which was excellant.Our room was very clean when we read some or the reviews on trip advisor i understand that we cant make everyone happy if you want five star treatment than pay the prices life is to short people could end up not having a job through idiots ?????? would be going back thankyou.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Melanie d,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay.

I have passed your lovely comments on to the management team, and all of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Let me just make it clear that me and my bf are not fussy people at all, and the issues we had were only small.

Rooms are massively spacious, probably biggest room I've ever stayed in, lovely big bathroom too. Only issue was the water in shower which was ridiculously hot as well as a VERY wobbly tile which I found myself tripping over several times. I did not report this as we were there for one night otherwise I would have said something. They must know about it it would be impossible not to!

On the night we were tried turning tv on and took bloody ages to try fix it,. Called reception and a lad came straight away and tried his best to fix it but in end we said not to worry and to leave it (we ended up fixing it ourselves eventually!) The bed was very comfortable but everything in the hotel creaked. The floors, the bed, the stairs, it had my nerves on edge!!

We used a voucher off group on and were given a free treatment and free breakfast. Both were really nice, breakfast was gorgeous, lots of choice from cereals to cooked ones.

We went to restaurant on night, the food was nice, however, the portion sizes were shocking! For the price! We both ordered mushrooms and were given three of the tiniest shrooms we have saw in our lives. For the price this is in. No way value for money!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for its attentive staff, beautiful grounds and facilities and still rate it with 4 stars it was just those small issues that I needed to mention. If like us u prefer more modern hotels then I wouldn't stay here, its very historical and while some may find that appealling, this was just not our thing but know many people who would enjoy this! Try it for yourself!

Room Tip: Pay for a modern room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stefflet

Dear Stefflet,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted that you had a nice stay.

Firstly I would like to apologise about the issues in the bathroom. I have been to investigate the comments regarding the shower and loose tile in the bathroom, which I am now pleased to report has been fixed.

I have passed your kind comments on to the management team and all of the staff. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my daughter for a birthday treat, overnight stay with spa. I found the stay enjoyable, everything fine, room clean and warm and spa was lovely, the girls are really nice, had a nice swim in the pool as well. We had lunch when we got there as too early to check in, very nice with a pint of San Miguel !!
We did not eat in the restaurant going instead to the pub over the road, The Eden Arms, food really nice there too !
The only thing that spoiled our stay was the noise during the night.....
We were in room 33, so the people in the room nearest ours should hang their heads in shame. There was shouting and screaming, banging doors, running up and down the stairs until 2am, not really what you expect after a lovely day. I was going to go out to them but you never know what might happen these days.
All in all, would go back but hopefully be in an area where the neighbouring guests are ready for a quiet nights sleep, as me and my daughter were !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear susan5134,

I can only apologise on behalf of the guests in the room next door for the noise. If you had phoned down to reception we would have contacted the guests to solve this matter for you

I have passed your kind comments on to the management team, and all of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed there last night and would never consider staying there again. The room was cold, around 14C, even though the thermostat was at 25C, the staff were less than attentive i.e. we always had to go and ask them to clean away plates etc and to get more drinks. They had a coachload of elderly people staying and 'entertainment' had been laid on in the restaurant which meant it was impossible to hold our business meeting dinner in there so we had to eat in the bar, which was very inconvenient. Nothing was mentioned to us when we booked the restaurant in advance?

To cap it all, we had a room at the front of the hotel with curtains that did nothing to block the huge floodlights that lit the whole of the outside of the hotel all night. No sleep, felt dreadful in the morning.

All in all, totally unprofessional.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jim2752,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. It is only with guest feedback that we can aim to improve our business.

I would like to apologise for the entertainer in the restaurant on the evening you stayed with us. The large group who were dining with us had requested entertainment. If you had booked a table before you arrived at the hotel we would have informed you of this. If you had also informed us when you came to dine in the restaurant it was for a business meeting, we could have suggested a time after the entertainment had finished.

Upon check out you mentioned nothing about the temperature of the room, however did mention the light coming through the curtains from room 7. As explained, there are shutters behind the curtains to block out any excess light.

I have passed your comments on to the management team.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

A group of 16 of us went for my 30th birthday in Dec 2013. The staff were amazing, all extremely helpful and welcoming. The treatments were also really good quality. Had a relaxing and fun time. Thank you :-)

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Hannahd,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted that you and your friends had a relaxing and fun time.

I have passed your kind comments on to all of the management team and staff. We look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel Last night. Arrived and we're checked in immediately, staff friendly and explained everything
We put our bags in the room and went straight to use the leisure facilities. . We were both equally as impressed with these facilities, clean, tidy and the guy who showed us around was very pleasant. We made a dinner reservation for 7.30.. This again was excellent, food was delicious, good range of food and fair portion sizes. Raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake was to die for.

We visited as we are hoping to book our wedding there early 2016, and I'm pleased to say this would b the ideal venue for us

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joannedawson27,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Manor House Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and found the food in the restaurant to be excellent.

Im pleased that you are hoping to book The Manor House Hotel for your wedding in 2016, if you need any more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I have passed your kind comments on to the Management Team, and all of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Auckland
Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!