The Manor House Hotel
Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant(Bishop Auckland)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$70
US$106
US$82
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$185
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$75
US$90
Travelocity
US$98
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Durham (Newton Aycliffe) Hotel(Newton Aycliffe)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
US$51
PremierInn.com
1,110 results
All reviewsspa treatmentsliving socialstables barhunting lodgesteam roomspa dealold buildingspa areaposter roomwowcher dealevening meallovely spalots of characterhealth clubstaff were lovelyovernight stayleisure facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband to attend an wedding near by, so the hotel served its purpose. I was disappointed with the very uncomfortable stay, the pillows were stiff, the quilt was so think for the summer months.

The bedroom was a good size for the two of us, but the main door into the barn kept slamming all night which kept us up. There was also such little light in the room which was a shame. The bathroom was also a good size.

Another positive was the spa was also included with the rate of the room.

We also dine in the restaurant at the hotel which to be honest was VERY disappointing, everything was just tasteless. The coffee just looked like dirty water. The service throughout our stay was fantastic.

Room Tip: Stay in a room which isn't near the door to the barn.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at the Manor House hotel after purchasing a Living Social deal for a one night b&b stay which included a 25 minute Spa treatment.
We stayed in the original section of the house complete with its creaky , uneven floor and great charm, walking in the footsteps of Henry the Eighth.
Checkin was smooth & informative - our room was on the first floor & easy to reach.
The cleanliness of the room lacks attention to detail with spiders webs in the corners of the ceiling & in the bathroom.
We used the pool facilities which were small & cramped given the users there that day & enjoyed the 25 minute massage which left us feeling chilled & relaxed.
We ate dinner in the restaurant opting for a sirloin steak which was gristly & chewy & a rib eye steak that melted in your mouth - we received a complimentary bottle of wine.
After a great nights sleep we had a delicious breakfast & then checked out where there was a delay due to lack of staff
To sum up the Manor Hotel needs some TLC & an injection of cash

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Matress was extremely comfortable.Four poster was laughable, like something a child would have knocked up. Evening meal - steak tough. Full English breakfast was no better than could be bought in a motorway cafe. Virtually inedible. There have been a good number of complaints made about the breakfast in reviews I have read but nothing has been done about it. No wi fi despite being advertised as having it. Again, the situation re wi fi is complained about repeatedly but has clearly been ignored. Weren't told about spa and treatments etc on booking so as only stayed one night could not take advantage of facilities. Staff were pleasant and helpful. This hotel completely lets itself down on the food provision. My advice is don't eat there if you don't have to.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Nice place...wanted to go for a nice swim during my visit...but has some still half drunken guests from a wedding the night before over taking the pool area... Not good.
But apart from that food and my visit was great

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

As my future daughter in law was not having a hen night I thought a spa day just before the wedding would be perfect and one came up on Groupon just when I needed it. I paid £10 per person extra for Presecco and strawberries on arrival as an extra treat. The hotel was terrible to find with my sat nav taking us into dead ends on housing estates. However we finally got there over an hour later than what we had expected. We went into the main door where we could see a lady on the telephone. She knew we were there but even when the call was finished she continued talking to someone in the office, ignoring us so we just went directly to the spa where the welcome was warm and friendly. As we were so late we went straight into lunch. the lunch was two courses and it was delicious. the only thing i could complain about was old lettuce used as garnish but this did not affect the meal itself. Service was good. the spa had all the facilities you would expect and the range of treatments on the voucher were reasonable.and you could upgrade them for an extra £5. I had a Shellac manicure and pedicure. There were very few colours to choose from and it was simply nails done no hand massage or cream applied which was a little disappointing. However the day was very enjoyable with good changing facilities, lovely pool and Jacuzzi. Would I go back? probably because for what you got on the day it was very good value for money. At full price I'm not so sure.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends