Carden Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
4,559 results
All reviewsgolf breakthe main hoteltwo double bedscourtyard roomvines restaurantspa treatmentslovely hotelgreat facilitiesevening meallovely groundsrelaxing breakleisure facilitiesredmonds restaurantnight breaksteam roomchanging roomsfood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed here for my partners 50th birthday over the Easter weekend. The room we stayed in was spacious and pleasantly decorated but the bathroom was shabby and dated. The swimming pool, gym, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were superb. The staff in the spa were also helpful and friendly. The dining let the hotel down. We dined in the Vines the first night. The table we sat at was placed where we could here the chefs in the kitchen shouting orders, hardly an ideal dining experience. The second night we ate at Redmonds Restaurant. This was described as fine dining but was far from the best AA rosette restaurant we have dined in. The food wasn't anything memorable. From being seated to finishing 2 courses and leaving took 40 minutes, I've spent more time in McDonalds!! Muddy Good Fun outdoor activity company based on site were brilliant. We did the Kong ropes and Segway Safari, this was excellent fun and the team were faultless. Totally recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
CardenParkHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Carden Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for writing and we are pleased that you enjoyed the swimming pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. We also appreciate your kind feedback regarding the spa staff being helpful and friendly. With regards to your dining experience, we are sorry for our shortcomings. The hotel was extremely busy this Easter, not only with residents but non residents visiting too, so you didn't experience Carden Park as it is normally. It's good that you had lots of fun on the ropes course and the Segway safari and thank you for the recommendation.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was in a group of 16 ladies staying at Carden Park for the weekend in April when we had the fantastic weather.Hotel rooms were great and everyone commented how big the rooms were and the beds were fantastic, roomy and comfortable.

Food on both evenings was excellent even though the restaurant was very busy on the Saturday the service was very good. Breakfast were also good with a nice choice, perhaps could have done with a couple of more waiting staff working.

Played golf on both the Nicklaus and Cheshire course, Cheshire course wins hands down on being the better course which everyone agreed on, greens had been dressed and tined on both courses so were a little funny, but the beautiful weather made up for that.

All in all a good location for a group to go for a break, nice atmospere in the Hotel and bar and drinks prices not as bad as some places we have been previously

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are really nice, just a walk from the carpark so use the fire exits at the far end of each corridor much easier
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for writing your kind review as this will be helpful to other potential golfing parties. We also appreciate you mentioning the rooms being roomy and comfortable and that you found the food on both evenings to be excellent. How lucky to have beautiful weather, lets hope it lasts.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is the first time we have stayed at Carden Park and were more than impressed with the location and hotel itself upon arrival. Our room was a junior suite to sleep 2 adults and 2 children (age 12 and 10) the children slept on a sofabed which was ok. The room was a good size and clean and decor upto date. As we travelled at half term their were lots of families at the hotel. It was busy but the staff coped very well. 90% of the staff that we dealt with were superb. We ate the first night in the Redmond restaurant and it was lovely. The atmosphere, food and staff were great. On our 2nd night we ate in the Vine and it was pretty poor, it was cold in the restaurant, the service was slow and we had to ask twice (after waiting 15 mins in a empty restaurant) if we could order drinks.. it took well over an hour to serve one course and we left without dessert as we did not want to wait any longer. This did not spoil our stay but does need to be addressed by the hotel management. There is a pool with jacuzzi etc and this was always busy with families but not a problem if you are travelling with your children.. there are numerous on site activities to do at Muddy Good Fun we tried the Kong ropes and the staff were amazing and the activity well worth the money we paid. I would definitely return to this hotel with my family. My children enjoyed it too and that in itself is a great compliment.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank veale

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your Easter break with the children. We had been extremely busy with it also being half term, so we do apologise for the slow service in the Vines but pleased you found the food, atmosphere and staff great. It's good to learn that the children enjoyed their stay and found plenty to do, including the Kong's ropes course. Thank you for writing and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We booked for 3 nights over Easter break from 6th to 9th April 2012. The checking was fine and fairly prompt. Our room was 304 and was the Junior Suite. The room was clean but no view, just facing the SPA entrance. The bed was terrible and I developed a back pains from the first nights sleep as the bed was not good. The bathroom had only one tint soap bar and for a spa resort I would have expected finer toiletries, they did not have body lotion and the toilet paper was of very cheap quality (take your own). After checking out our room we went for a drink in the main bar and then I realised the bar was full of Weddings guest as the Hotel had booked a Wedding event for the following Saturday. It took me ages to get served as the Hotel bar guest were more interested in serving the Wedding Guest first.
We dined on the first night at 'Redmond's Restaurant', the service was really bad I ordered the Lamb and my wife the Chicken, my wife said the Chicken was average nothing special. My Lamb was bland and I asked for it well done and it was still very chewy, To get the waitresses attention was a real challenge the restaurant was full of Wedding guests and was really noisy and they did not care that there are other guests staying at the hotel.
On the following day we used the Spa facility and I am not exaggerating but the pool was cold and other guest were complaining also. The Steam room and Sauna room were great. The changing area was clean and tidy.
On the Saturday lunch time we thought we would eat at the main bar and order sandwiches but no surprise the whole of the bar area was overtaken by Wedding party guests and I ordered food after 20 minutes all the wedding guest left the bar room area and we moved to a better table but after 10 minutes all the Wedding guest returned again because someone said it was too cold for them to stand outside and to my disbelief we started getting strange looks from some of the wedding guest as if to say what were we doing there? I told my wife we better move from this bar room as they may have booked this area for the event but later I found out that they had not booked that bar area its just they presumed it was for them. We booked Sunday lunch at the 'Redmond's Restaurant' and a gain such bad service, the waitress did not offer if we would like drinks or offer the wine list which I had to ask for after I ordered the starters. Th kids menu is the same and they do not do small portions from the Sunday roast for kids. By this time we had had enough we decided to leave the table without having our Sunday Lunch and decided to checkout of the hotel and go home, we were not due to check out till the following day. I spoke to the duty manager and expressed our disappointment and she offered to refund me the 3rd day stay and I accepted and then we left the hotel.

I will however say they have 'Muddy Good Fun' on-site and we enjoyed that very much.

I will not use this hotel or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

We are extremely sorry to read your review. With you kindly speaking to the Duty Manager at the time, all the team had been sent a copy of your feedback so that they could look into your findings. We are very sorry that we let you down.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights during 1st week of Easter Hols. Travelled to Chester to visit the zoo, which I have to say is excellent! We were greeted at check in by a rude, abrupt & unhappy receptionist and, apart from the concierge, we found the rest of the staff we came across to be the same. The waitress at breakfast practically threw the teapot on our table without muttering a word. The rooms are in need of updating, typical De Vere style 10 years ago but not competitive with today's market for this standard of hotel - no bathrobes, poor selection of toiletries, decor dull & boring etc. The floor of the ladies changing rooms in the spa was dirty, with hair, dust etc lying on the surface. The pool area itself was lovely, water heated to an ideal temperature & a very nice jacuzzi & relaxation area. Overall, I wasn't at all impressed with this hotel, however we got a very good deal at £70 per night. I would have found it necessary to complain had we paid any higher that that!

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for writing your review. The team here are very disappointed to read your comments and I believe we did respond to you personally after you kindly completed our hotel questionnaire.