Carden Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$98
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hotels.com
4,575 results
All reviewsgolf breakthe main hoteltwo double bedscourtyard roomvines restaurantspa treatmentslovely hotelgreat facilitiesevening meallovely groundsrelaxing breakleisure facilitiesredmonds restaurantnight breaksteam roomchanging roomsfood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2013

we stayed here a couple of weeks ago, ladies in the spa, gentlemen on the course, all booked in advance and looking forward to playing the championship standard Nicklaus course.

shame was the first we knew of the Nicklaus course being shut was when we walked into the pro shop, so it was the Cheshire course again!.......you'd think they would have let us know in advance as it had been shut for days. Not even an apology just gratefull we moved your booking over to the Cheshire course kind of attitude !

other than that enjoyed it, hotel bar was very quiet considering the size of the hotel and the adjacent apartments....but at 4 quid a pint no wonder !

spa is a bit bare with just a sauna and relaxation room, maybe not designed into the original design and added later

restaurant very nice, breakfast also good

would go back maybe in summer when the course is open tho

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Carden_Park, Guest Relations Manager at Carden Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Thank you for writing your review. Apologies for the Nicklaus Course being closed but unfortunately we have no option in certain weather conditions as we have to protect the course. Your comments have been noted and overall we are pleased that you may return in the summer.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We have been going to Carden Park for over 10 years now and would highly reccommend it (and I do!) to anyone who wants a relaxing break in surroundings that are to a very high standard. We did try another De Vere at Herons Reach near Blackpool and I was very disappointed as their standards did come up close to those at Carden Park.

When we stay at Carden Park, we prefer the rooms in the courtyard as they seem slightly bigger than the ones in the hotel as we normally have our 2 children with us.

Redmonds restaurant is wonderful, with having the 2 children, the meal offers that they have are very welcoming. Drinks are slightly expensive - but it is a 5 star hotel so is what you would expect. The Vines is also lovely for a more informal meal.

Carden Spa - brilliant! Pool, jacuzzi, 2 steam rooms, sauna and relaxing area if you are having treatments. Whenever I have had treatments I have come away feeling so relaxed.

I could live at Carden Park - it's like my second home. They have deals on all of the time so check out their website.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. You are valued guests here at Carden Park and it's really kind of you to think of Carden as your second home. Your feedback regarding the rooms, restaurant and leisure will definitely be beneficial to others and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Last night we had a room booked at the Peckforton castle, but due to a power outage they sent us to Carden Park, stating our rate would stay the same. We are not from the country so for 215 pounds I was slightly skeptical. I would pay that amount for an experience in a Castle, not for a typical hotel. It was late and snowing so out options were limited. Upon arrival they were waiting for us due to the peckforton calling over. I asked the cost of the room just to verify. The front desk lady excused herself to quietly talk to the manager. When she came back she said it would be the contracted rate of 215 pounds for us. I felt something was fishy and said I would think about it. I went online and the same exact room was going for 99 pounds. I compared apples to apples, bed and breakfast. I went back inside and showed them their advertised price and they said "oh, ok" and charged me the regular price of 99. What irritated me the most was I looked later and even their suite was was well below 215 pounds.

The room was decent and clean. The restaurant pricey but very good. The food servers were knowledgeable and friendly. The breakfast was also good.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Justin R

We are sorry that Peckforton Castle were not able to accommodate you with the power cut. If you need to discuss anything with regards to your stay here at Carden Park then please contact the hotel direct.

Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

My fiancée booked this for me as a Birthday treat via secret escapes. We stayed in a lovely golf view room. I had a full body massage which was lovely BUT the stock room was just by the treatment room so the noise of the door slamming was not relaxing. Lunch in the bar was ok,service not great but made up for with dinner in the restaurant. The grounds are lovely, unfortunately I had a migraine so wasn't well enough to go exploring and make the most of them. A great stay if you can get a good deal!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank JulesBerkshire_UK

We are delighted that you had a great Birthday treat and enjoyed your golf view room. Thank you for mentioning the grounds as we are set in over 1000 acres. We are sorry to hear that you had a migraine and do hope that you will return again to explore the estate.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Had a lovely overnight stay here on 23rd February. My partner had booked a king room overlooking the golf course towards the front of the hotel. Room was fab, lovely views, everything you need, and a wonderfully comfortable huge bed! We couldn't eat in the restaurant as it was fully booked but had not planned to anyway. Breakfast in bed in the morning was delicious, only complaint was that a hotel of this standard should offer poached eggs not just scrambled and fried. Still lovely nevertheless and prompt. The spa was lovely albeit extremely busy with a large party who would not budge from the jacuzzi and were being very noisy. There was one point when a man kept entering the sauna with cups of cold water and throwing them over other members of his party, this is obviously not the fault of the hotel but they should do more to maintain a tranquil environment.
Overall I had a lovely weekend and didn't want to go home! Thanks Carden park, looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mica91

Thank you for writing your kind review and we are so pleased to learn that you had a lovely birthday treat. It's reassuring to know that we didn't let you down on such a special occasion and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.