Carden Park Hotel
TripAdvisor
Priceline
TripAdvisor
4,602 results
All reviewsgolf breakthe main hoteltwo double bedscourtyard roomvines restaurantspa treatmentslovely hotelgreat facilitiesevening meallovely groundsrelaxing breakleisure facilitiesredmonds restaurantnight breaksteam roomchanging roomsfood was lovely
Reviewed 1 July 2014

40 golfers on an away trip with our Captain - one overnight night stay - played both courses. Decent standard golfers all a little disappointed at the length of the rough and the effect this has on the numbers of a balls lost and time too. I have played golf for 30 years and never ever had two rounds of 5 hours twenty minutes - and this on a buggy each day ! Too many people on the course perhaps ?? Greens a bit iffy too. Clubhouse lovely and hotel room (218) clean and roomy - shower needs a bit of a look at - no power at all though. Welcome overall good at hotel reception and clubhouse as well - all staff eager to please. Had separate room for our evening dinner - plated meal only 4/10 - food questionable - amount and standard - fish dry and small portions. drinks service non existent had to go to the bar to get drinks including my wine - at £26 per bottle I would have loved to have had it served as normal restaurants seem to do. Breakfast good and plentiful. Weather fine which made for a lovely weekend with good company - would I rush back to Carden Park- I play in lots of places here and abroad and I would not hurry back here sadly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pete084
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on numerous occasions and am booking again this month We come as a group the men play golf , the ladies hit the spa or afternoon tea and long walks I'm the beautiful grounds. Lots to do for the kids including the big ones. ! Rooms spacious. Restaurant good we've tried both. . Staff very helpful and pleasant . Can't wait for our next stay this month to celebrate a birthday '

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Gally13
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great service, always smiling, very helpful, delicious food. Rooms always clean and a great comfortable huge bed that you can get lost in lol. An array of activities available if you don't like golf. Just an overall amazing experience, thank you for making my birthday a special one x

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We did an overnight stay with dinner bed and breakfast and 1 x 1hr spa treatment on a package deal for 3 adults. Check in was very smooth and informative. The room was excellent it had everything you could need and the view from the window was lovely. The hotel is pleasant and the staff very friendly. The spa area and pool is very nice but unfortunately the spa treatments we all received were not the best. We have had far superior in other hotels. Two of us had hot stone and one had the aromatherapy and we were all in agreement of the standard .Our dinner packaged had changed since we booked it and when we went for dinner were given a different menu. When I queried this they checked and gave us the menu we should of had and apologised - no problem.. Then at the end of dinner when we went to pay our wine bill they tried to charge us extra for eating off a different menu which i had to advise them again of the deal we booked and they checked and it was sorted out. When checking out they again tried to charge us extra again for the evening meal. I now found this embarressing as i had booked and paid for the two other members of my family as a treat and this was the third time i had been asked to pay for something i had already paid for. But, apart from this i would certainly recommend this hotel just becareful when booking a deal.

Room Tip: family room had a lovely view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank xlesleydx
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at Carden Park this weekend with a group of friends for a Spa break. Had a wonderful time, ate one evening in the more formal restaurant and also ate in the bar area during the day, had great service and delicous food on both occasions. We decided to go into Chester city centre for our evening meal the next night instead of trying out the less formal retaurant but I would definitely try that out next time as the menu looked fabulous, seemed to have a "gastro pub" vibe. Had an extremely warm welcome on arrival, greeted by a delightful older lady who could not do enough to help us. One of my friends had stayed last year and mentioned some of the courtyard rooms had balcony's and the lady on reception ws more than happy to allocate rooms with balcony's for us so we were absoltely made up. We all thoroughly enjoyed our spa treatments and the pool area was lovely. Can't express what a fantasic weekend was had by all, I'll definitely be staying again, hopefully with my husband and children over the summer holidays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends