Carden Park Hotel
US$145
US$120
Mercure
4,565 results
All reviewsgolf breakthe main hoteltwo double bedscourtyard roomvines restaurantspa treatmentslovely hotelgreat facilitiesevening meallovely groundsrelaxing breakleisure facilitiesredmonds restaurantnight breaksteam roomchanging roomsfood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Just returned after a luxurious one night stay. Suite was huge and elegant, with bonus of double jacuzzi! Enjoyed a sumptious 3 course meal, which was included in the deal, and an equally satisfying breakfast. Spa facilities were superb too, and the staff were very attentive. All in all a top notch hotel which we definately reccommend.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Stayed here for a spa break with friends. Bedrooms were gorgeous (twin rooms but 2 double beds in each) and spa was lovely and very relaxing. Grounds were beautiful, even in the middle of winter and staff were great. One friend had a problem with her spa treatment (it wasn't what she thought she'd booked) so she was given another treatment free with no quibbles. Food was lovely too. Try and see what deals are available - ours was great value for money and we left feeling relaxed and pampered.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2010

The location for our sales kick off for the year seemed a little far out at first - two nights in the middle of the country side seemed like too much to bear. However, the rooms are large, very clean and very comfortable. Even the hallways are very clean. I was told to dress 'business-casual' but went too far on the casual side as every one of my colleagues turned up in suits, leaving me feel very left out. I asked the staff at reception if they had a shirt which they did not, however, one of their drivers dropped into Tesco and bought one for me - at a cost of only GBP 5 (4 for the shirt, 1 for delivery - can't argue with that!). That took all of 1 hour!
fantastic service and can recommend this hotel to anyone. I have a young family and would come here with them, too.
Also, this was the first time I experienced mass-produced (250+) lamb shanks that were actually a success - great!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Nice hotel with large grounds and a decent lesuire center,nice large rooms,good food. A few problems,nowhere to sit after the meal because every single seat in the bar and surrounding area were taken, had to go up to the room with a drink after walking around trying to find a seat for 15 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2010

We took our staff here for a night as a treat and we were all very impressed by the spa which was excellent, all the treatments were good, the pool area very clean and we all enjoyed using the various hot tubs, saunas etc.

The rooms were large and very clean and well equpped.

BUT the dinner was very poor. We had to wait over one hour between our starter and main course and the food was very variable in quantity. The main courses on the whole were very small and we had to order extra veg to make a meal worth the wait for.
The sweets were poor and again some very small with soggy pastry and over gelatined fillings, not what I had hoped for when I booked.

At breakfast the hot food was barely tepid, so the bacon was most unpleasant, flabby and limp and the eggs overcooked .

No one seemed to be in charge in the restaurant at dinner or at breakfast so I mentioned these things on the form in my room and to the receptionist on paying the ( very large ) bill and she said that no manager was available then but he would get in touch to discuss the matter when I got home and I heard nothing!!

So if your main purpose is the spa or golf it is great just don't have high expectations for the food.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business