Carden Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$95
US$116
PremierInn.com
  • Pool
4,575 results
All reviewsgolf breakthe main hoteltwo double bedscourtyard roomvines restaurantspa treatmentslovely hotelgreat facilitiesevening meallovely groundsrelaxing breakleisure facilitiesredmonds restaurantnight breaksteam roomchanging roomsfood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I walked into a very crowded reception to be greeted by a long line of people checking in and one receptionist. Sweaty men with no shirts roamed in and out - was I in Benidorm? No, a place in the middle of nowhere although it purports to be in Chester. I can categorically say this was the worse service I have ever had in any hotel. I actually asked one of the waiters if he was at catering college - no, he was a university student doing a night shift. The breakfast was beyond awful - cold solid scrambled egg, a another long queue to make a piece of toast and the rudest, most surly waitress EVER and I've been to Russia before the fall of Communism. I asked for coffee, 20 minutes later, breakfast finished, no coffee. 'Could I have some coffee.'" "You've got some' said gum chewing 16 year old pointing to an empty pot on someone else's table. Jeez, maybe it's used to catering to fans visiting the set of Hollyoaks or something. And don't let me get started on the dinner - dessert was a pile of chopped up under-ripe fruit in a soggy brandysnap basket to be washed down with wine in the dirtiest glasses I have seen. AVOID!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank memyselfiee
Reviewed 14 July 2010

wonderful place, great setting, well maintained, but I will be avoiding their Christmas functions in future. We booked as a party of 25 to discover that we were to be joined by another 225 people. Asked to be there by 7:30 for 8pm, sat down 8:10 eventually got the soup at 9pm.
Apparantley they were waiting for the last people to arrive. I think they may have been understaffed for the number of people attending, complaits were listened to but not acted upon

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 6 July 2010

A very fine hotel set in lovely grounds.
We had the Niklaus suite which is probably the nicest suite I've ever stayed in. The boys had a Junior suite & this was extremely well equipped (2 LCD TVs in a Junior) & a balcony. N.B. Wi-fi reception not too good in the junior suite.

There are two restaurants- we did not use the a la carte as the selection was rather small & my wife's tastes are somewhat plain compared to what was on offer. The bistro restaurant was better for us particularly with two teenage boys.
Breakfast was excellent, full choice and very well cooked.

Chester is a few miles away but is a must see. Excellent short stay overall.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I have stayed at Carden Park Hotel a few times and have always had a better than expected time. The staff are friendly, rooms are of a high standard and there are plenty of activities to get involved with, however there is usually a charge for them.

The gym, pool, jacuzzi and steam rooms are free to use for guests- we could easily use these facilities for hours as it never seems to be very busy.

We have also hired mountain bikes and enjoyed cycling on the paths around the huge golf course and through the muddy quad bike tracks. There's other activities available such as an assault course, archery, quad biking, walks and it's main attraction- the golf course.

It is located in a place which doesn't really have public transport links to Chester or Wrexham which is a bit of a let down, but it's location is fantastic for the activities offered.

Overall, I always enjoy staying at Carden Park, I would advise people to sign up to their mailing list as they do have good offers available for stays which then make it value for money. If I had ever paid the full price I would probably say it's slightly expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We booked Carden Park through a link from one of DeVere's emailshots. £89 for B&B with afternoon tea for two with a free upgrade to a room overlooking the front (golf course). No complaints at all - the only minor mistake was when we checked out and the afternoon tea was added in error (it was immediately removed). We didn't eat at the hotel in the evening as there is a FANTASTIC gastro pub 5 mins away (turn left out of the main entrance). However, breakfast was superb with a huge choice and quality cooked food (local sausages, decent bacon, etc.). Main highlights: lovely peaceful setting, great room and superb breakfast. Recommend signing up for DeVere's offers as this is by far the cheapest way to stay!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple