“Consistently great food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We go the Plough regularly and have never had a bad meal yet. Burger night on wednesday is fantastic value and one of the best home made burgers I've ever had, Sunday dinners are also amazing here. I find the staff and owners really friendly and they always make a big fuss of my son when we go. I'll keep coming back to this little gem of a pub.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

nice venue, great service but the food was quite average...came for burger night and surprised to find that 2 burgers cost only £10 but one burger still cost £10! Decent burger that actually tasted of lamb, but with a small pot of coleslaw and a few frozen chips, did not represent good value. Sadly another country pub with overpriced, average food..

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have just returned from the Plough really dissatisfied. My husband, 2 children and I decided upon the Plough for tea as the food has always been good. We've always felt frustrated by the general lack of friendliness and the lack of any real attention paid to what we order, but the good food makes up for it. My husband ordered fish pie which was excellent, kids meals were as fine but my Scottish Chicken was raw. I pointed this out to the waitress and showed her the pink flesh, who said she would get another. I didn't want another as I didn't want to wait and as I had eaten half of the vegetables I felt it would be best just to finish my meal leaving the very pink chicken. I went to pay for our meals and was a little miffed to see that I had still been charged £10:95 for my meal. When I suggested she should reduce the cost of my meal she went to her manager. On her return she told me that they were going to charge me £7:95 instead. Although I still felt ripped off I accepted the cost and paid just under £40:00 for our meals and drinks.
What really annoyed me was the managers attitude, he totally ignored me as I was paying the bill, sauntered past whistling and into the kitchen, even though it was him that the waitress spoke to. He then came back past me staring at my husband and children who were still at the table. Not only does the management ignore customers but they also refuse to apologise or admit any shortcomings. Very frustrating.
As we left he shouted a jolly goodbye!! This is the FIRST time in approx 15 visits that he has even spoken, I felt as though he thought I was trying to pull a fast one. I will not be returning to the Plough because I will not frequent a place that thinks its better than its customers.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the mangalore chutney burger and think it was a good twist on traditional burger offering at pubs. Considering it was an offer was even better! Lovely little pub. I would recommend booking for a wednesday as burger night was quite busy.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Managers comments oh it is like tumble tots in here there was no offer of sauces no one asked us If we wanted more drinks or coffee it was as if they wanted us to finish as soon as possible