Bagden Hall Hotel
US$75
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
All reviewsafternoon teamain buildingmaster of ceremoniessandwich fillingscakes and sconesclassic lodgeswedding receptionwedding breakfastwedding venuebridal suitesmall lakeevening mealthe yorkshire sculpture parkthree courseswedding guestssunday luncha lovely stay
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We are so sorry it has taken so long for us to do this!!

We did our research on Bagden before booking our wedding - we popped in for coffee, stayed for a bar lunch, and enjoyed one of the special 'Dinner, Bed and Breakfast' stays for £99 to make sure that we were happy with Bagden before booking our wedding. We loved the hotel from day one and we treated with the same level of professionalism on each visit. Your entire staff are a credit to this fabulous hotel.

A special mention must go to Tom who MC'd our wedding - he was brilliant and utterly professional. He made sure we were never without a drink and remained 'on duty' for us into the small hours.

The wedding preparations were easy and trouble-free, and we had whatever help we needed every step of the way. The day itself was totally fantastic - there wasn't a single hiccup with the arrangements. The attention to detail was impeccable and allowed such a relaxed atmosphere for us and our guests. All of our guests had a fantastic time and commented on how friendly the staff were. Even our photographer popped up to the hotel a few weeks before the wedding and his dog was provided with a plate of sausages!!

I know some of our guests have since returned to the hotel with their friends and family members for meals etc, and they have continued to receive first class service every time.

We did have one small issue with the in-house DJ. Our music tastes are quite specific and we provided a list to the DJ well in advance of the wedding to make sure he was happy with what we required. We were told that our request was no problem and that he was happy with it. On the night of the wedding however, he seemed to just play his own 'set', and we had to ask him to go back to our list of chosen music - to his obvious dissatisfaction. A minor detail, but we were specific with our requests in advance and were told this wasn't an issue.

Thank you so much to everyone at Bagden Hall who contributed to making our wedding day perfect. This is a fabulous hotel, in beautiful grounds, with exemplary staff. When we have our feet back on the ground, we will definitely be back for another weekend stay as Mr & Mrs!!

Hope to see you all soon

Richard & Sara Wilkinson

Room Tip: We have stayed in a standard double (Room 18) which was a large room with a huge bed!! (Extractor from the kitchen was a little noisy from this room). Our wedding night was in Room 3 over looking the lawns down to the lake and folly. A beautifully spacious room with a huge bathroom and gorgeous views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for your comments. I was sorry to read that you were a little disappointed with the DJ but pleased to read the details of all your positive feedback . We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel very soon and best wishes to you both with your future life together .

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed for two nights with our dog in the lakeside annex. The room was basic, no ventilation but adequate, excellent nights sleep even with the window open, very quiet. The hotel is old but well maintained, clean and interesting. The grounds are superb with a small lake and island complete with folly. The staff were excellent, friendly, chatty and obviously local, nothing was to much trouble. This included a breakfast sausage for the dog and insisting on walking all the way across the lawn to take our meal order and replenish our drinks as we took in the last of the evening sunshine.The evening meal was good, breakfast was excellent. My only moan would be the lack of a decent cask beer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments which I have shared with my Team . Sorry you missed out on the cask ale - we have offered this in the past but the combination of a brief shelf life & very limited demand has been such that the cost of offering this to our guests has proven prohibitive - but many thanks for your feedback .

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I visited the hotel with my family for Afternoon Tea. The food was good and plentiful and the service was brilliant - nothing was too much trouble. It was a beautiful afternoon and we were able to sit on the terrace which made the afternoon even more special. Would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely comments - we hope to welcome you again soon .
Regards

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I would like to thank the staff at bagden hall for there attention to detail and the professional but relaxed manner they did everything in making my son and daughter in laws wedding a day to remember. I would particulary like to thank the master of ceremonies Tom who controlled the whole event with consummate ease. And for those in earlier reviews who said drinks where dear its a beautiful wedding venue not the local wet????????? Thanks again bagden hall

Room Tip: Room 1 great view and room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments which I will share with the Team - and with Tom in particular .

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Bagden Hall for a wedding this weekend. I can honestly say that the staff here are on the whole top class. I had a lot of setting up to do on the morning of the wedding and both Barry and Caroline were really fantastic! Unfortunately what lets the service down is the wedding co-ordinator who frankly has no people skills and is in completely the wrong job. She did not make me feel confident that the day would run smoothly and on speaking with other members of the wedding party they had also been on the frosty end of her so called 'co-ordination'. That said I would like to say that Barry and Caroline were amazing! The other staff we encountered were lovely helpful friendly people as well.

Food - we didn't dine in the restaurant as we were wedding guests but the canapés, wedding breakfast and evening food were perfect, superbly cooked. The breakfast was wonderful, top class in fact, the meat was great quality and everything was fresh and cooked to perfection. There was plenty of choice for everyone in our party (which included 3 children).

Room - although I had booked the room over 2 years in advance and requested adjoining rooms (for the children) we were actually all sleeping in 1 large room which was a disappointment. Apparently the hotel do not offer this feature and I really think it is something they should consider for the future. The room itself was lovely, spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was huge & had lovely facilities including a 3ft square shower enclosure & roll top bath. Due to the hot weather we found sleeping in 1 room to be extremely hot & the hotel did bring a fan to our room. The room was situated above the large function room and was very noisy, shutting the double glazed windows did help but not enough. Although the music stopped at midnight there were people sat outside drinking until much later & they were very noisy. The other problem with the room was the lack of electrical sockets, there were a couple over by the window but none at all on the other side where the mirror was! Virtually impossible therefor to style hair! I also thought there was a lack of storage, the wardrobe was adequate but there were only 3 small drawers & 2 further smaller drawers on the bedside
cabinets, considering there were 5 of us we had to live out of our case. The bed was very comfy though & the kids thought the put-u-up bed & sofa bed were comfy. Reception were great at assisting us, on one occasion I phoned them & when it had rang for a while with no answer I realised they were busy so hung up, yet within 3 minutes reception were phoning me back to see how they could help, they clearly have a very good switchboard system, I was very impressed.

Facilities - I was disappointed at the lack of facilities for this calibre of hotel, there was no gym or pool on site. No spa or beauty treatments offered. I feel that this was reflected in the price however, making this a good value for money hotel. Maybe in the future some of these options could be added, there was certainly the space. The grounds are immaculately kept.

All in all a good hotel and I would certainly consider staying again, although I'd ask for a quieter room.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Shudokan

Thank you fro your response .
The wedding Co-Ordinators role is a very skilled one and requires a large degree of diplomacy.
Guests do not always appreciate being advised that they are unable to do a certain thing in a certain way even when this is for a for a variety of reasons .
Thank you for your positive feeback reagrding the quality of the staff and the food - I will share these and your suggestions for the .future with my Team
General Manager .