The occasion of our visit was the wedding of my nephew, and we had three rooms reserved in the Lakeside annex. One room was for my wife and I, and the others were family rooms for my son and daughter along with their respective spouses and children. We were able to park our cars adjacent to the annex so we didn't need to carry luggage any distance.
Disappointingly, some of the lights were not working in our room, and there was a very obvious red wine stain down one of the walls. However, when these were reported to the management, the light bulbs were changed and a reduction was made to our room rate because of the wine stain.
These were the only issues during our stay. My son and daughters rooms were fine. The food at the wedding reception was very good. The house disco however was painfully loud. So much so, we had to vacate the dance room to seek somewhere where we could hear each other speak.
The weather on the following morning was superb, sunny and warm; and we were able to explore the gardens. There is a large lawn and a terrace which catch the morning sunshine. There is also a small lake and a very interesting little house that is reached over a stone bridge. The lake had some large Koi carp swimming around.
The breakfast - full English - was excellent!
Overall, despite our minor room issues, we were very happy with our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bagden Hall is a magnificent Country House Hotel set in 40 acres of beautiful grounds. Built in the 1860's by a local mill owner Bagden Hall offers a blend of elegance and informality. The woodland, old stone bridge with it's own Folly and the Lake offer areas of calm in a busy world. Bagden Hall is one of Yorkshires premier wedding venues & also features an award winning restaurant . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Bagden Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagden Hall Huddersfield
- Bagden Hall Hotel Huddersfield
- Bagden Hall Hotel Scissett, West Yorkshire