“Nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scissett
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

stayed here for a week on B&B. Room in lakeside was comfy and clean. Tea,coffee and biscuits in room and a good flat screen tv. Only complaint was it said in the hotel information book toothpaste was available if needed and this was not the case I had to go out to the local Tesco to get some and my 7.30 am wake up call either didn't happen or would call at 7.41. Breakfast was very good plenty of choice and a good service. Ate twice in the bar off the bar menu no complaints very good food and service, I would recommend this hotel and would return is ever in the area again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 504202Sunlover
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback - apologies if there were issues with your wake up call and I hope that not having any toothpaste available did not spoil your stay . Thank you for your positive comments regarding the food & service you experienced .
Caroline Gleeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My son got married here it was amazing, the sun shone (don't know how you did that but Thanks Caroline ;-) everyone behaved and the day couldn't have gone smoother thanks to Barry and Caroline and all the staff who were really helpful and pleasant. You couldn't ask for a better venue for a wedding and if you stay the night you are really in for a treat. I was asked at work how the day went and I had to say 'you know what, I am struggling to think of a negative thing at Bagden and there isn't one' that says it all really. We don't need another excuse to stay at Bagden we just need more days off to make a long weekend !

Room Tip: Stay in the main house it's amazing
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely comments - so glad to read you enjoyed all the wedding celebrations - we hope to welocme you back again very soon .

UK
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I thought it was a gorgeous location & the scenery was breathtaking!

I was in a Lakeview room, which was very clean & spacious, the only issue I personally had was I could pick up any mobile phone reception, but that is my service providers fault.

We dined in the hotel which was lovely, the staff were extremely friendly & pleasant, and the food was excellent!

For such a grand hotel, I was surprised to see it was dog friendly, though a pleasant surprise, so much so I'm tempted to book a little family retreat! :)

I'm gutted that I didn't get time to take a walk around the grounds as it really is beautiful, but I will make sure to make time AND bring my pooch next time.

I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments - I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay & we hope to welcome you back very soon ( and your pooch )
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We booked afternoon tea for 5 people to celebrate my grandma's 80th Birthday. The setting is beautiful as was the room where afternoon tea is served. We were a little early and the friendly reception staff showed us to the table and brought us some tea whilst explaining we would need to wait until our time slot because the kitchen weren't ready yet - this was great and we appreciated the seat and tea. The sandwiches and cakes arrived and we were very disappointed, the bread for the sandwiches was dry and tasted as though they had been made hours earlier and left uncovered. Then we moved onto the cakes, they were the worst cakes I have ever tasted. The so called Victoria sponge tasted processed and had a strange texture, also all the slices were different sizes which is not what you expect from afternoon tea which is supposed to be a tasty, elegant treat. The chocolate brownie was a similar experience. The only good part of the meal were the scones but even then we had to wait for more clotted cream and jam. I would not say this was good value for money at all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
So sorry to read that you were disappointed with your Afternoon Tea experience - I will review our offering with the Head Chef as a result of yours & the previous guests Trip Advisor feedback .
Reviewed 24 February 2014

£60 for an an absolutely awful tea for 4. Sandwiches in cheap sliced supermarket bread with minimal fillings which we could live with if we got proper chefs homemade cakes as advertised. However, we got scones, cream sponge and chocolate triangles that had obviously been purchased from a cheap supermarket despite having booked this 2 months ago. We could have made it ourself for a fraction of the price and actually enjoyed it. To top it all, they tried to charge us extra as my 4 year old had apple juice instead of a cup of tea. A truly horrendous experience

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Wildygirl
So sorry to read of your disappointment - we are always happy to offer extra sandwiches or fillings & if anything is not to your taste - we can change it immediately for you .All our cakes are home made here in the Hotel .
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Bagden Hall, we looked on the internet to see our room what beautiful rooms. When we got there we were pointed towards the lakeside rooms.
What they call a lake anyway, we went into the door along the corridor up the stairs, could not believe the dust on the floor, thick of dust, the wall outside of our room had a massive crack in it. On entering the room was a BIG letdown everything was cheap and thick of dust again, I could of got a 45.00 room in a cheap motel would have been better in fact I have not been in a cheaper looking room and guess what it was 130.00 a NIGHT.
What really upset us was the cheap toilet seat, come'on Bagden Hall you can get a toilet seat for 8.00, this was stained brown, discusting. And the breakfast, half a piece of black pudding tablespoon of beans, the smallest flattest mushroom you ever seen, cheap 1 sausage, glad to get out of there.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I was sorry to read of your poor experience here at the Hotel and I am still hoping to speak with you personally about your feedback .
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We have booked our wedding here for September 2014, so we wanted to check out all the facilities well in advance. My fiance booked a night at the Hall with a 3 course meal and breakfast the following day. I cant give the hotel enough praise. The staff (every single person we encountered) provided us with truly exceptional service from the moment we arrived. The facilities were flawless. Our room was large and amazingly clean, the decor was fresh and tasteful. The bed was huge, and had an extra blanket in case we felt a little cool at any point. The tea making facilities were plentiful with lots of tea, coffee amd milk. We had a large flat screen tv with a full range of channels (something hard to come by!). Our meal in the Glendale restaurant was gorgeous, with fresh, high quality ingedients. I had baked camambert to start, with freshly made bread, and my h2b had scallops that were cooked to perfection. Our main of fillet steak was a high quality piece of meat cooked exactly as we requested. Our dessert of shared chocolate plate was unbelieveably delicious - definitely a great way to finish the meal. The restaurant manager deserves a special shout out as his service was beyond all expectations. We had a few quiet drinks in the bar, which has a lovely chilled out atmosphere, before heading back to the room for a great nights sleep. Breakfast the following day was lovely. Again the ingredients were freshly sourced and cooked excellently, it was a lovely, leisurely experience. The check out time was 11am which was much better than the typical check out time of 10am, the extra hour makes all the difference to getting some good sleep and enjoying your breakfast instead of rushing. We were so happy with the whole experience and so glad we have booked Bagden for our wedding

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
So glad to read that you enjoyed your stay . Your comments were really great & I have shared them with all The Team .
We look forward to welcoming you for your Wedding Celebrations in September
Warmest regards
Caroline Gleeson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scissett
Waterton Park Hotel
Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
#1 of 1 in Gildersome

Been to Bagden Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!