Bagden Hall Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsafternoon teamain buildingmaster of ceremoniessandwich fillingscakes and sconesclassic lodgeswedding receptionwedding breakfastwedding venuebridal suitesmall lakeevening mealthe yorkshire sculpture parkthree courseswedding guestssunday luncha lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two nights for a relatives wedding.
I found the mattress a bit soft and the room was freezing when I first entered it because the radiator was turned off. I assume this was because of energy bills but it would have been nice to have a little heat to walk into.
The rest of the room was faultless. The only gripe I have about the bathroom is that the shower was a fixed attachment to the wall and wasn't adjustable in any way. It also made a horrible fast clanking sound and the water pulsated.
All rooms are advertised as WiFi enabled. I was staying in the main house and had no wifi signal at all. Relatives staying in the Lakeside Annexe had intermittent connection.
The pie on the bistro menu was a bit small for my liking.
Breakfast was a mixed bag - wide selection of fruit juices, fruit and cereal. Cooked breakfast arrived quickly but the sausage was a bog standard supermarket sausage that you'd find in a work refectory. I would have expected a locally sourced sausage or at least something of a higher quality. The bacon was much cop either.

As for the wedding, well what can I say. Completely faultless. Beautiful falling off the bone lamb shanks were the highlight of the menu. Also a decent finger buffet in the evening with a wide range of snacks. A great day was had by all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Sorry to read your room was cold when you arrived . It is very difficult to get it just right at this time of the year when cold evenings sometimes follow mild days .
We do indeed offer free Wi Fi across the Hotel - I am sorry if you experienced problems with the reception - this has now been checked out .& while it is now at full strength we are looking at putting in some additional booster points around the buildings as many of the walls in the Main House are over a metre thick and this may have caused an issue for you .
Thank you for your sharing your views regarding the food you experienced and your very positive comments regarding the wedding you attended .
Regards

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We first came to Bagden Hall last October and enjoyed our stay so much that we returned a couple of weeks ago.

Once again all staff members we met were very polite and helpful, and everywhere was clean and tidy.

Our evening meal was excellent quality and piping hot as was the cooked breakfast which is freshly prepared rather than buffet style servery.

Our only negative comment is that we felt that there could be a wider selection of fruit options in the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AandD38

Thank you for your feedback -I am happy to read you enjoyed your visit to us again & we will certainly review our fruit offering at breakfast following your suggestion .
I hope to welocme you back again very soon

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We spent one night at Bagden Hall for a friend's 50th birthday party. The surroundings were clean and bright. The room was spacious and modern but rather cold. This was attended to and rectified in a very short time by helpful staff with a good knowledge of the hotel's 'characteristics' :)

The immediate area is a quiet village and the walk down to it through the hotel grounds is lovely, very relaxing.

Don't miss a visit to the local 'bygone' shop. There was stuff in there I hadn't seen since my childhood! Fascinating.

Check in was quick and efficient, check out was a bit drawn out but to be fair there was a lot of us!

I would go there again and having no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the hotel itself have a little more character than in the annexes......in my view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback & your positive comments . Glad to read you enjoyed the birthday celebrations

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I found Bagden Hall hotel on line and booked DB&B on Saturday night.
The hotel is wonderfully situated with great views and a lovely simple garden to walk in.
We were welcomed and shown to our room.
Wee stayed in the main hotel but there are rooms in the grounds with a lakeside setting.
Dinner was arguably the highlight of our stay, the ambiance, the food & the service were faultless.
Breakfast was straight forwardly good
This was indeed a great find for us and we will return ASAP

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us & we hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My partner and I went to Bagden hall for a Valentines meal special. I felt the menu choice was perfect and excellent value for money.
We started with Canapes which were really nice, one had to send back due to it containing prawns I couldn’t eat due to being pregnant and my partner doesn’t like prawns but this was swapped for another canapé with no problem at all. A glass of bubbles was also in with the meal but being pregnant I swapped this for fizzy orange quite easily enough. The atmosphere was very posh and romantic and we were made to feel very special. We both had the fillet steaks for mains and even though I had to have mine well done when I would usually have had it raw, it still tasted top notch and the sauce complemented the meat amazingly and my partner’s medium was also cooked to perfection. My only fault would be the vegetables been a bit over cooked but everyone is different in this respect. The pudding to share was really romantic and again no faults, I do wish I could have tried the crème brulee but maybe next time. The meal was finished off with the ladies been given a single red rose and even me not being a flower person felt really special, would definitely like to go again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your Valentine experience & for your lovely comments .
Good luck with the baby & we hope to welcome you back in the very near future