We stayed two nights at Bagden Hall Hotel on a Spring Break which proved to be excellent value. Our room was in the lakeside lodge and was clean,warm, a generous size with everything we required. Bagden Hall is a lovely old country house, formerly built by a wealthy mill owner and stands on a hill in lovely grounds and overlooks the valley below. Our break included an afternoon cream tea, delicious scones and plain, but very nice cakes. Dinner was also included and was truly excellent on both nights, taken from the table d'hôte menu. The staff could not do enough for you and seemed genuinely interested in what they were doing. The only little criticism I would make was that it would be much nicer at breakfast if tea/coffee were served in pots on the table, rather than being taken around by the staff from table to table. I think I would prefer to stay in the hotel itself if taking a winter break, rather than in the annexe.
Overall, we had the most enjoyable break at Bagden Hall and would have no hesitation in recommending it, cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bagden Hall is a magnificent Country House Hotel set in 40 acres of beautiful grounds. Built in the 1860's by a local mill owner Bagden Hall offers a blend of elegance and informality. The woodland, old stone bridge with it's own Folly and the Lake offer areas of calm in a busy world. Bagden Hall is one of Yorkshires premier wedding venues & also features an award winning restaurant . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Bagden Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagden Hall Huddersfield
- Bagden Hall Hotel Huddersfield
- Bagden Hall Hotel Scissett, West Yorkshire