“Wedding Guests”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scissett
London, United Kingdom
“Wedding Guests”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at Bagden Hall for two nights, having traveled from London to attend a friend's wedding. We stayed in room 39 on the first night, which is located in the Lakeside Building, about 50 yards from the main hotel. The room was well appointed with lovely views over the fields. We stayed in room 1 on the second night, which is a suite in the main building. Staff were happy to move our cases to our new room whilst we attended the wedding. Room 1 was also well appointed, with equally impressive views. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and were very impressed with the quality of the food. All staff we encountered were polite and happy to help. We had a small issue with our breakfast room service card not being collected from our door on the second night, but following a quick call to reception we were eating a lovely breakfast in our room 20 minutes later.

This is a lovely location and venue for a wedding and we would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AkireH
CarolineGleeson, General Manager at Bagden Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback & your very positive comments.
I hope to welcome you back to Yorkshire in the very near future.

Caroline Gleeson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My Wife and I had dinner in the restaurant on Saturday the 7 th of June, the excellent service started as we arrived at reception and followed through to the bar where Paul the bar man was polite courteous and most helpful, this continued in the restaurant with Jessica and Faye who recommended dishes from the menu, the food was superb, nicely presented , a high standard of service was given by both Jessica and Faye, looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments which I wil share with the team ( particularly Paul, Jessica & Faye ) I am glad to read how much you enjoyed your visit to us & I hope to welcome you back again very soon
Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had a meal here and used the tastecard. The restaurant was lovely with a great view and the staff were very polite and helpful. The meal was excellent and good value for money with the card. However, without the discount, I felt it was a little overpriced. I would return, hopefully on a sunny day when we can sit and have a coffee on the lovely outdoor terrace.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We do feel we offer excellent value for money balancing food quality, customer service & food and drink prices that reflect our market . I was glad to read you enjoyed your visit to us & were able to use your Tastecard to secure a discount & i hope you return to us again soon .
leeds
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have just had my sons wedding at this wonderful hotel what an amazing day was had and the staff and management of this establishment should be giving themselves a massive round of applause at the customer service of every staff member the attention to detail the service of the wedding breakfast ,the bar staff ,front desk ,master of ceremonies where to I stop if I have forgotten anyone it is not on purpose just the fact that everyone made the day special . The food was amazing for all 70 guests .The guests were amazed at the high standard and have repeatedly said so congratulations on your high standards and I would not hesitate in recommending you to friends and family alike.whether it be for a weekend break or wedding .

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are newer and very airy the rooms in the Halls are very traditional and roomy with am...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely comments which I will share with all the Team .
Hull
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Spent a delightful day/ night at Bagden Hall. We took our dog and arrived early, took the dog for a long walk in the grounds and then onto one of the many public footpaths that cross the outskirts of the grounds. Arriving back to the hotel we were directed to our room, we had upgraded to an executive room, very large, clean and comfortable, however if I am being a little picky the bathroom needed some TLC. We were treated to delicious afternoon tea and later went for Dinner in the Glendale Restuarant. The menu was varied, some basics but other unusual dishes, I had the Tandoori Pigeon as a starter which was absolutely delicious, for main I had the Chicken supreme with smoked tomato sauce.....again cooked to perfection. Although I was full I could not resist the lime cheesecake and was not disappointed. My husbands choices were equally as good. We had to wait for various courses but as my husband is 'in the trade' we understand that food cooked fresh needs time, so it was not a problem to wait between courses and infact allowed time to enjoy the ambience. The staff very attentive and knowledgeable. Coffee and tea served in the small but comfortable bar. Breakfast the following morning offered the usual cereals, fruit and yogurts followed by a choice of cooked breakfast, full english, smoked haddock or kippers. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and have booked to return at Christmas with friends!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments - I hope to welcome you back personally at Christmas .

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

stayed here recently for a night for a relaxing day ... we arrived at 4,30 to find afternoon tea was included in our deal as well as evening meal and next day breakfast ...
lovely afternoon tea except for the sandwiches .. i would have liked to have been asked what sandwich i prefer.. as it was it was ham tomatoes and mustard .. salmon or cucumber ... i hate all three so my hubby enjoyed them all ....scone and other cake with cream was nice ... evening meal was lovely but waited over 45 mins for it to arrive even though their was only 3 couples in the restaurant ....room lovely and clean ... went for a bath fixed shower panel ..so i had to climb in to turn on the taps ..and got soaked with freezing shower water as someone had turned ithe switch round ...
but i really enjoyed our stay even though i asked for a touch of lemonade in my wine found out next day on my bill they had charged me £1.21 for it ....daylight robbery lovely well kept grounds though beautiful gardens would return ... but i will take my own splash of lemonade ....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback . Our special Spring Offer includes Dinner and Afternoon Tea- that is a really great offer so I am sorry you felt that the charge for your lemonade 'splash' was unfair. This package includes a set Afternoon Tea but it is always possible to upgrade to our full Delux Afternoon Tea with all its delights which then would give you the sandwich choices you would have preferred.
UK
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have just eaten at Bagden Hall.I wanted to use my Hi Life card so I rang and booked. The hotel rang me a couple of hours later to ask if I was happy to eat in the main restaurant as they had a wedding taking place in the Norton Bar. I was happy to do this.
Drive into the grounds is lovely and we were directed to the bar. We chose our food and was seated in a small dining room.
Goats cheese salad and chicken and bacon salad were delivered - well presented and very tasty. Burger with extras and fish and chips were next to arrive. Again, well presented and freshly cooked. The fish was delicious and the burger was moist and tasty.No room for pud.
Settled the bill and with 50% off the food bill it came in at a very reasonable £23.50.
I will return again in a couple of weeks and try the Glendale Summer Menu which will be available then.
Staff are helpful and very pleasant. Very good value and will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your very positive comments & I hope to welocme you back personally very soon
Caroline Gleeson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scissett
Waterton Park Hotel
Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
#1 of 1 in Gildersome

Been to Bagden Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!