“Anyone who loves cheese would love it!”

The Mouse Trap Ramsbottom
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Ramsbottom
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Ramsbottom
“Anyone who loves cheese would love it!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Been to the mousetrap on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed,really relaxing atmosphere and always left feeling satisfied. Owner is really welcoming and offers great advice when it comes to trying new cheeses. Would recommend this to anyone who loves their cheeses as there are so many to choose from. Presentation of the platters is always fantastic. Friendly,clean and welcoming place.

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Trapped by Heavenly Cheese”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having seen the restaurant a few times from the driving seat of the car, I had always wanted to visit it. Asking me to consume cheese is neither a difficult task nor one that I would shirk from. From telephoning to book to actually stepping foot in the building, the approach and manner of the staff was fantastic.

Our table was reserved and the welcome warm. What made this special, and I mean really special, was the passion of the gentleman who served us. (I think he may be the owner as he is in the photos on the wall.) I imagine that there is very little that he doesn't know about cheese. He advised us on our choice and didn't disappoint, particularly with the Lancashire cheese. (Easily the best) We sampled some unique cheese that whilst not something we may buy again, it did add to the occasion. Presentation, atmosphere, service etc was fantastic and we are looking forward to going again soon with family. The overall cost of the hearty meal was so reasonable that I felt obliged to tip the wonderful team. Well done Mouse Trap.

p.s. you can take your own wine!

2 Thank Glyn P
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Great place!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stopped for a break from driving, spotted this place. Very inexpensive for what we had (3 coffees, one scone/jam, one savoury scone with jam n cream cheese - savoury cream tea and one cake - £9!!!) Relaxed atmosphere, toilet has 'towels' for every visitor (much better than paper!), would highly recommend

1 Thank katharined1974
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The goodly and I stopped off one day last week for a bite after recommendations from friends,
The better half had a chocolate cake and peppermint tea and I had the fruit cake and slice of Lancashire cheese...... it was damned good and certainly worth a trip out there....

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank 451Jonnyred
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful cheese great place”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I visited on Saturday 22nd march at night with a group of friends. What a great place. It was a nice change and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The cheese platter with chutney , bread and crackers was really nice. There's a great variety to choose from and more crackers and bread If needed. The staff are lovely and can't do enough for you. I would recommend it to anyone. Defiantly a must try for cheese lovers.

• Visited March 2014