“5* accommodation, warm welcome ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramsbottom
Church View Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Ramsbottom B&B and Inns
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“5* accommodation, warm welcome ”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Having discovered Church View in the summer with my husband I was back for a second stay last weekend with my 2 boys. Arriving late with 2 tired, grumpy 4 year olds Sally and Jason couldn't have been more helpful. The boys were thrilled with their bedroom and bathroom ("wow, a shower the size of a rhino mummy" - he is only 4) and the 'jack and Jill' configuration meant I had peace and quiet but they were close by.

Fantastic breakfast catering to everyone's needs (including my fav almond croissants which Sally "almondises" herself) and I'm just left looking for another excuse to visit...

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank G12avy
Sally B, Owner at Church View Guest House, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
It was an absolute delight to have you back to stay and also to meet your fantastic boys who were amazingly polite and well behaved. And thank you so much for the kind gift of some local beer. Apparently they were delicious. They must've been as I didn't get a look in!

Hope to see you again soon

Sally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I got married in Ramsbottom and chose Church View guest house for my accommodation the night of and the night before. I couldn't have chosen a better place.

I had no idea how amazing it was going to be when I booked - and it's such a little haven I almost don't want to tell other people about it! This place is like the perfect hybrid of a 5* hotel and a home-from-home guest house. The rooms are stunning, the bathrooms are luxurious and every single little detail has been thought of... from extra bathroom toiletries in case you forget anything, to fresh milk and cold drinks in a little fridge just outside the door.

The breakfast is second to none - loads of choice, homemade muesli, fresh baked bread and autumnal fruit salad! The pancakes were to die for and the English breakfast beautiful.

Sally is incredible - she made us feel so at home, yet gave us the privacy and peace we needed too. She made so much effort to make our stay special - the heart-shaped cookies when we arrived were so thoughtful... the weekend just really wouldn't have been the same without her.

I could go on and on about how awesome I think this place and its owners are - but the best advice I can give is to go and see for yourself. We will definitely be back for our anniversary if not before. In fact, if I could pick this place up and take it wherever I travel I would.

Thank you so much Sally - you really played a huge part in making it a weekend to remember forever. x

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel G
Sally B, Owner at Church View Guest House, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I can't say how delightful it was having you to stay and meeting your gorgeous family. It was so exciting for me that you did us the honour of choosing us as a place to stay for your wedding weekend. You looked amazing.

I wish you every happiness together and hope to see you for your first anniversary! Best wishes, Sally
West Lancashire
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I returned today from a 2 night break at Church View. From the spacious, modern bathroom, perfect bed and high quality bath products to the perfect breakfast with homebaked bread, muffins and a plentiful choice to suit every taste, this was a break to remember. Sally and Jason have cracked it - the perfect b & b! Faultless.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MEPWestLancashire
Sally B, Owner at Church View Guest House, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you so much for coming to stay and also taking the time to leave a review. It was lovely to meet you and I have been looking up some of the helpful music recommendations you made!

We hope to see you again.

Kindest regards

Manchester
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at Church View after a reccomendation and I can only heartily endorse the positive reviews of other visitors. Sally and Jason are charming and attentive hosts without ever being intrusive: nothing was too much trouble and guests are made to feel completely at home. I was working for 3 days at Ramsbottom Festival and being able to return each night to such a comfortable haven was very welcome.

The whole experience is defined by meticulous attention to detail, from the quality of the furnishings to the quality of the breakfast ingredients. These things can be bought, but it is only when they are delivered with the genuine care that Sally invests that everything comes together to make a truly first class experience for the guest.

And a word on the breakfast... Absolutely fantastic: a generous and delicious cooked breakfast backed up with fresh bread and other home made delights. Staying three nights I felt truly spoiled.

Church View is an absolute delight, providing an experience in a B&B that much more expensive chain hotels - in my experience at least - consistently fail to deliver. I look forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sally B, Owner at Church View Guest House, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. You are very kind. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again next year!

Best wishes

Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

i was absolutely blown away by the hospitality of this couple, sally and jason. they made me feel so welcome as part of the family as i had a fantastic breakfast with them and their children in their lovely kitchen. i was a solo guest and the only one in at the time so they invited me to join them. the room they gave me was absolutely fab. i wish i could have stayed longer to have a bath in the roll top!!!! shower was brilliant though. if anyone out there wants to stay in a first class guest house this is the one. thank you sally and jason for a fab stay. children are lovely. you dont have to take anything as it is all provided..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Sally B, Owner at Church View Guest House, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
It was lovely to meet you. Delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the review. You are very kind.

Best wishes, Sally
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Only stumbled upon this after rave reviews on TA, and so glad we did. Although I wasn't exactly sure how we'd feel as first timers staying in a B&B our initial misgivings were blown away as soon as the delightful owner Sally opened the door and gave us a big, warm welcome. We were shown to our room in the loft on the top floor. Upon opening the door I was stunned to find everything so crisp, fresh, fragrant, new and beautifully but simply decorated. The bathroom is also a delight with a huge freestanding bathtub and large separate shower with continuous piping hot water and excellent pressure (no dancing around to catch the trickles here!). We were so impressed with everything that we asked to extend our original 2 night stay to 3 at breakfast the next morning...and talking of breakfast it was delicious, hot, wholesome, and cooked to order with ingredients all sourced from local producers - the sausages in particular were fantastic and such a wonderful change from the bland, mushy ones (or worse still, chicken sausages) that we have been presented with at every hotel since leaving Australia nearly a month ago. To complete the brekkie picture there was home-baked bread, together with cereals, fruit, muffins on offer!! There is also the bonus of free wi-fi, which in itself shows just how much thought and attention to detail has been put into this loving restoration. Owners Sally and Jason could not have been more helpful or informative, and although we came together as strangers, we definitely left as friends and I would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone considering a few days away in the lovely town of Ramsbottom.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank taronga57
So nice to have you come and stay. The delight of this business is meeting so many great people. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

All the best, Sally
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stunning B&B in pretty much the heart of Ramsbottom. The rooms are superb, with such attention to detail, complimented by the quality products in the bathroom and also refreshments. Breakfast is superb and in another stunning room (almond croissants are delicious)! The owners are also a lovely couple and were ever so welcoming and helpful.

Nothing to fault in this place at all and amazing value, would recommend it to anyone and everyone needing to stay in or around Ramsbottom.

• Stayed August 2013
Sally B, Owner at Church View Guest House, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Hi there. Thank you so much for coming to stay with us and for taking the time to leave a review. We really value your feedback. Hope you had a swift and comfortable journey home.

Kind regards

Sally
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsbottom
Red Hall Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross

Been to Church View Guest House? Share your experiences!