“2nd july -5th july 2014 shock horror”

The Grant Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Ramsbottom B&B and Inns
“2nd july -5th july 2014 shock horror”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My mum booked our stay in the family room for me my mum and my 5 year old daughter at The Grant Arms Hotel for 3 night stay through booking.com as we we're there from london due to my mums Dad had died so thw following day was the funeral a we couldnt get a room nearer to family in bolton as eveywhere was booked. My mum thought bed and breakfast was included but it seems on booking.com you choose it seperately wwhich was an extra £5 per person. After paying £149.00 for 3 people food should have been included. when my mum showed me the picture of the hotel I had told her I saw it on the website but kinda past it by as it didnt appeal to me. Well my gut feeling was correct when we took a taxi to the hotel the afternoon we arrived I said it looked like outside needed some work. Well the rest of the hotel on the inside proved me right. We went through the narrow doors which we're close together and struggled with our luggages. We we're given our key for room 1 and told where to go. As we struggled up the stairs with all our bags we went into the room. It didnt look to bad at first until we settled down and noticed a few issues. A damaged draw at the dressing table, a huge hole behind the pillows behind the double bed on the wall the size of the hole my hand could fit into. Wallpaper patched together like patch work at at the side of the bunk bed. The toilet handle was falling apart each tim you tried to flush the toilet, and cobwebs hanging from the ceiling when you firat walk in draft coming from the old fashioned windows. When we went downstairs that evening my mum spoke to the lady who checked us in about the hole in the wall and we was told that she knew about the hoke in the wall and it was from the moving of the furniture in the room, my thing is if you know about the hole why not fill it not cover over it with pillows an expect no one to see it.
So she offered us a different room I had already said to my mum to start looking for somewhere else to stay nearer to the rest of the family because it was inconvenient due to distance and finding faults with where we was staying was off putting. We we're moved next door to room 2 where once again seemed like a nice room with a leather bed and bunk bed by the window. My mum found another hole in the wall but not as big as the one in room 1. The first thing I noticed was the stains on the carpet which needs a good cleaning. Torn wall paper, tv wasnt working we had to get the recepionist to sort it out for us which she tried 2 different tv's from 2 different rooms she finally got one working. The bathroom had damp on the celing, floor tiles uneven, missing tiles behind the sink. There was a big wooden door on the wal which I thought was a cabinet....when I opened it there was a big wood board with a big gap with what looked like a window it was strange. Yesterday morning at the reception as we ga e back the key because we we're going to be out for the day we was approched by the owners big dog was cute but not something you see in hotwls as far as im concerned. Yesterday we got back very late and gad to enter through the pub we we're directed up some dark stairs which was dangerous as ww had a 5 year old with us leading up a stairs with no light. The bar guy shon a small light so we could figger out the stairs. When we went up and rang the bell and no one answered so I rang again as we need to collect our keys it was a long day. Rang again no one appeared to be awake I called out still nothing. I went back downstairs to the bar and had to get one of the guys to help us out and he helped with getting our key.on my way down the stairs I almost fell as it was so dark I couldnt see my way down (no lights). When we went back to the room it had been cleaned smelt fresh, the beds had been done but no fresh new towels the same one s that had I would never recommend this hotel to stay in unless you had no choice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Samantha G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at Grants Arms Saturday night.room was ok and we had a huge bathroom. Breakfast was lovely and cooked to order. You can see that this was once a lovely hotel and pub but it now feels rather run down. The pub prices were cheap, but the only other drinkers seemed to be just the local alkys even though England were playing their 1st World Cup match.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue K
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We wanted a b&b to stay as we were visiting family and also had tickets for the Theatre Royal in Ramsbottom and The Grant Hotel was within walking distance to the Theatre, so we decided to book 2 rooms to stay in for 2 nights . The staff were very friendly and helpful, considering they had to run the bar as well, nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were clean and tidy and very presentable. We had a drink in the bar (proper real ale) and decided to go back to our rooms. To our horror we`d locked ourselves out of our rooms. The embarrassing thing about it was it happened twice. Thankyou Charlotte for getting us back in you were a star ! Breakfast was very good and the service was top notch. We had an evening meal and was well fed. We would like to thank Charlotte, Alan and there was another guy who served us behind the bar for making us welcome here . The only down side is you need to change your gas fires to coal fires or wood burning stoves, i think your missing a trick there. We would certainly come back and stay here again .

Room Tip: stay in room 4 . Great room to stay in with a nice view from the window.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed in the hotel last night 11/05/14 after winning a free nights stay and we had a lovely time. It is a pleasant hotel. We stayed in room 4 it was a lovely room, It had a big jacuzzi bath and overlooked the town center. It had lots of wardrobe space, a TV, tea and coffee making facilities and a sofa. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast this morning was great - help yourself to cereal then a full English breakfast, toast and tea or coffee. Alan, the member of staff we met was great and couldn't do enough for us. Thank you very much for a lovely experience, we would not hesitate to recommend The Grants Arms to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 4 was lovely, but if you are a light sleeper you could hear the traffic but it really didn'...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EllaBerig
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed with hubby on Saturday, room was cold when we got there but quickly heated up with the help of the mobile heater in the room :-) Personally id never have used the shower as the shower head was disgusting but i did have a lovely hot bath before we went out! Very pleasant staff when we checked in, arrived back after our night out and at breakfast. Hubby assures me breakfast was lovely (i was rather delicate so didnt sample it myself) For the price, was ok accommodation. Thanks

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I book rooms for the Ramsbottom based engineering company I work for and use The Grant Arms almost exclusively.
This pleasant, friendly hotel offers our clients and consultants everything they need and more!
The rooms are large, airy and clean with comfortable beds, great wardrobe space and sparkling bathrooms.
In particular our guests report regularly on the staff's superb service and great attitude.
I am 100% confident that our visitors are in the best of hands at The Grant and would highly recommend this hotel to other companies in this area looking for great value for money and excellent quality of rooms and service. Many thanks to Charlotte who has the patience of Job and is always on hand to help with my daft questions and at times odd requests!

Room Tip: You can always ask the friendly staff to recommend the best rooms for your needs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lesley M
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed once and have now returned 5 times, great team of staff who are not only good at there jobs but make the place feel homely.
Would recommend The Grant to most people, how if you want the Ritz please don't come. This is a great homely place where you can relax and feel at home. Alan fantastic breakfast ......

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peternutter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsbottom
Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club
#7 of 7 in Bury
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel

Been to The Grant Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!