We stayed two nights mid-week outside school holidays and cannot criticise anything about the Rampsbeck Hotel. The situation in its own grounds on the shore of Ullswater is very picturesque and easily accessible from the motorway at Penrith and provides a good base to explore the Lake District.
Our room was large and nicely furnished with a vast bed and a nice view over the gardens and to the lake and hills beyond. I'm not that bothered by bathrooms provided they are clean and functional but this one certainly went the extra mile in terms of its decor and fittings and Mrs Bear certainly appreciated it (and a long soak in the bath after our challenging walk across Striding Edge to Helvellyn in very poor weather).
We ate in the restaurant for both nights and have no hesitation in recommending it. The staff were helpful and attentive and we were even provided with a packed lunch for our walk.
All in all, the Rampsbeck gets our unreserved recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening August 2017. Formerly Rampsbeck Hotel, Another Place, The Lake is a hotel on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District and is the first in a new collection of unique hotels from Another Place. The Lake is a relaxed, convivial hotel from where you can explore the great outdoors. It's a place for coming together round a table or fire pit, or for going it alone on a walk in the hills. It's for days spent splashing about in the lake before drying out on a sofa with a book. It's about the good things in life - having fun, eating well, letting go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Another Place, The Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rampsbeck Country Hotel
- Country Hotel House Rampsbeck
- Rampsbeck Country Penrith
- Another Place, The Lake Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District