Sonya, and the team
We stayed for 2 nights to celebrate our silver wedding (second timers, both) and were expecting a relaxing stay, beautiful surroundings and lovely food. OK, we had all those, but there were extras (not charged!!!).
A fabulous room because we were celebrating - but lots of the rooms are lovely. A welcome that is an example to all. A bathroom to die for - we ARE well travelled and this scores 10+.
Food that excels with a good variety and real attention to the details of flavours and their combinations. The wine list is not cheap, but there are some very good choices below £25 a bottle that are hard to match elsewhere with the same standard of food. The gardens are neat, and not yet at their best in mid April, but the work that is being done now will produce a fabulous show in Summer. All credit to the gardener who is an enthusiast.
Adrian needs a mention - he did say that he would come up Hellvellyn with us but forget to say he was having his weekly lie-in on his day off. Actually, this young man is a star and knows just how to look after guests. As do the rest of the crew at the Rampsbeck.
Thank you for a wonderful time.
(I wish other reviewers knew that Ullswater is NOT a lake - there is only ONE Lake in the "Lake District"!)
Roger and Sue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening August 2017. Formerly Rampsbeck Hotel, Another Place, The Lake is a hotel on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District and is the first in a new collection of unique hotels from Another Place. The Lake is a relaxed, convivial hotel from where you can explore the great outdoors. It's a place for coming together round a table or fire pit, or for going it alone on a walk in the hills. It's for days spent splashing about in the lake before drying out on a sofa with a book. It's about the good things in life - having fun, eating well, letting go. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rampsbeck Country Hotel
- Country Hotel House Rampsbeck
- Rampsbeck Country Penrith
- Another Place, The Lake Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District