We stayed here for an extended-family gathering in mid March. Although country house hotels can often feel a little formal, the staff at the Rampsbeck made us feel very welcome and were most accommodating, even accepting the family dog. We took a private room for dinner, a four course affair with which all carnivores were delighted (the vegetarians felt the options could have been a little more imaginative... and bigger). The wine list was impressive. The rooms were traditionally decorated and a good size - the suites being very nice indeed. The biggest asset, however, is the location. You are right on the shores of Ullswater but within a ten minute drive of Penrith and the M6. When the sun shines, as it did for us, the setting is little short of idyllic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening August 2017. Formerly Rampsbeck Hotel, Another Place, The Lake is a hotel on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District and is the first in a new collection of unique hotels from Another Place. The Lake is a relaxed, convivial hotel from where you can explore the great outdoors. It's a place for coming together round a table or fire pit, or for going it alone on a walk in the hills. It's for days spent splashing about in the lake before drying out on a sofa with a book. It's about the good things in life - having fun, eating well, letting go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Another Place, The Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rampsbeck Country Hotel
- Country Hotel House Rampsbeck
- Rampsbeck Country Penrith
- Another Place, The Lake Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District