Four stars because of the very pleasant staff, comfortable public areas and a spacious room with nice views, spotlessly clean. The food at dinner was not to our taste turnip soup poured over a raw egg yolk didn' t do it for me and we found the rest of the food cold and at times bland but beautifully.presented. After being out walking all day we really enjoyed high tea which could have been even more aesthetically pleasing if the table had been laid with a cloth. The hotel itself has a really pleasant calm energy to it. Lovely gardens with easy access to the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening August 2017. Formerly Rampsbeck Hotel, Another Place, The Lake is a hotel on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District and is the first in a new collection of unique hotels from Another Place. The Lake is a relaxed, convivial hotel from where you can explore the great outdoors. It's a place for coming together round a table or fire pit, or for going it alone on a walk in the hills. It's for days spent splashing about in the lake before drying out on a sofa with a book. It's about the good things in life - having fun, eating well, letting go. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rampsbeck Country Hotel
- Country Hotel House Rampsbeck
- Rampsbeck Country Penrith
- Another Place, The Lake Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District