The location is so beautiful, next to Ullswater with wonderful views of the lake and surrounding hills. You can either walk round the beautifully maintained gardens or sit on one of the chairs outside and watch the sailing. Sadly it rained whilst we were there(not unusual for the Lakes) but that didn't spoil our enjoyment. We had a delicious meal in the restaurant following by a lovely breakfast in the morning. We went for a short gastro break and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The views of the lake in the dining room are stunning. Enough superlatives, the staff were also lovely, very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Great walking location with a bit of luxury to come back too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening August 2017. Formerly Rampsbeck Hotel, Another Place, The Lake is a hotel on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District and is the first in a new collection of unique hotels from Another Place. The Lake is a relaxed, convivial hotel from where you can explore the great outdoors. It's a place for coming together round a table or fire pit, or for going it alone on a walk in the hills. It's for days spent splashing about in the lake before drying out on a sofa with a book. It's about the good things in life - having fun, eating well, letting go. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rampsbeck Country Hotel
- Country Hotel House Rampsbeck
- Rampsbeck Country Penrith
- Another Place, The Lake Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District