Just had a three night stay here and it has to be one of the finest small country house hotels in UK.
The staff and service are above London standard in efficiency and attitude and go out of their way to assist.
I am not a lover of "Nouvelle cuisine" so the skill and craft of the chef was wasted on me, but aficionados loved it. They do, however, have a bar snack menu available daily.
The room was exquisite with views across Ullswater. It was more like a flat as we had a separate sitting room with TV and tea making facilities, and a bathroom big enough for a football match.
Bath robes and slippers all provided.
My only 'down side' being that dogs are allowed in the hotel - I do not like that, but is a personal matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening August 2017. Formerly Rampsbeck Hotel, Another Place, The Lake is a hotel on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District and is the first in a new collection of unique hotels from Another Place. The Lake is a relaxed, convivial hotel from where you can explore the great outdoors. It's a place for coming together round a table or fire pit, or for going it alone on a walk in the hills. It's for days spent splashing about in the lake before drying out on a sofa with a book. It's about the good things in life - having fun, eating well, letting go. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rampsbeck Country Hotel
- Country Hotel House Rampsbeck
- Rampsbeck Country Penrith
- Another Place, The Lake Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District