Stayed for 3 nights on our "mini-moon" just after getting married. It was absolutely fantastic! Can't fault it! Staff were so friendly and helpful - excellent service. Our room was nice and big, comfortable, lovely views, beautiful bathroom, everything top quality.
The highlight for us was the food....we ate here every morning and evening and it is some of the best food we've ever had! Breakfast overlooking the lake is so relaxing and we were always so full after breakfast we hardly needed any lunch. For dinner we would first be seated in the quiet bar/lounge area where would have drinks and canapes. Then through to the restaurant for the amuse-bouche, starter, main, dessert, cheese course. Then back to one of the lovely lounges to enjoy more drinks and posh chocolates. The menu changed each day that we were staying there so over the 3 days we got to try so many different dishes and we were blown away by the standard of the food. Can't wait to go back for our anniversary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening August 2017. Formerly Rampsbeck Hotel, Another Place, The Lake is a hotel on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District and is the first in a new collection of unique hotels from Another Place. The Lake is a relaxed, convivial hotel from where you can explore the great outdoors. It's a place for coming together round a table or fire pit, or for going it alone on a walk in the hills. It's for days spent splashing about in the lake before drying out on a sofa with a book. It's about the good things in life - having fun, eating well, letting go. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rampsbeck Country Hotel
- Country Hotel House Rampsbeck
- Rampsbeck Country Penrith
- Another Place, The Lake Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District