What can I say? I booked this trip as a surprise for my Husband for our wedding anniversary. We stayed at the Rampsbeck eight years ago for another special occasion. I did not think you could improve on perfection. How wrong I was! We stayed in Ullswater, a stunning room with a lake view, four poster bed and Jacuzzi bath. The room itself was immaculate. Lovely flat screen TV with a seating area, and the room was equipt with facilities for hot drinks, plenty of choice. Stocks of tea/coffee/biscuits etc were all topped up when you left the room for dinner in the evening, along with the bedsheets being turned down, which was a lovely touch. Staff at the Rampsbeck are in a classof their own, and are a credit to Marion, thank you, thank you thank you! Never too close for comfort, but always attentive and make you feel welcome. Food - no other words for it but out of this world. Dining at the Rampsbeck was a wonderful, indulgent experience. We enjoyed breakfast and evening meals during both nights. My husband and I really do love the area, and to be honest, I think would struggle to choose anywhere else when we next visit. Thanks so much. You made our anniversary so very special, and we will see you again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening August 2017. Formerly Rampsbeck Hotel, Another Place, The Lake is a hotel on the shores of Ullswater in the Lake District and is the first in a new collection of unique hotels from Another Place. The Lake is a relaxed, convivial hotel from where you can explore the great outdoors. It's a place for coming together round a table or fire pit, or for going it alone on a walk in the hills. It's for days spent splashing about in the lake before drying out on a sofa with a book. It's about the good things in life - having fun, eating well, letting go. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rampsbeck Country Hotel
- Country Hotel House Rampsbeck
- Rampsbeck Country Penrith
- Another Place, The Lake Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District