We arrived at this beautiful hotel for a romantic getaway...first little problem was check in no one appeared for 5 minutes and the lady that checked us in was very abrupt and a bit cold not the best people skills...decided that shouldn't put us off..our room was quite small but lovely and with stunning views...dinner is my main gripe here can't believe that you get an allowance each which they will know will not cover your whole meal ..And the reason it won't cover the whole meal is because you will be starving and need to order three courses as they are without a doubt the poorest size I have ever seen ! I actually couldn't believe it when it arrived ..I am a very small eater but this really was beyond a joke...I actually had ordered chips to go with veg with my meal but decided I was being greedy as my husband was having some so thought I could steal some of his...I soon regretted that as when his arrived he had 5 on a plate...we waited an hour between starter and main course ? No free bread on the table either! We went to bed starving its the only thing that lets this place down because the food itself is beautiful ..now reading other people's reviews I can see a lot of people have complained about the same thing...so why oh why is no one listening to what the customer wants....breakfast experience was completley differant it was the best I had ever had it swings from one extreme to another ? Overall it is beautiful but I must say food is a big thing for a lot of people so if I were this hotel I would try harder it's the only thing I feel they need to improve on ! And if they don't listen then i am sure a lot of people won't bother coming back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Leeming House is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels offering luxury and comfort in beautiful surroundings. Set in 22 acres of beautiful grand gardens in the countryside of Cumbria, our 200 year old country house hotel offers breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to the shores of Ullswater and a private fishing licence, this hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. Macdonald Hotels' Lake District location in Ullswater offers the perfect retreat whether you're on a romantic break away, a business trip or exploring the surrounding countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater Hotel Penrith
- Macdonald Leeming Hotel Ullswater
- Macdonald Leeming Penrith
- Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District