We arrived to find that our room was very cold (room 11), however the weather was awful. After complaining we were given an upgrade with no quibbles. A nice winter getaway with beautiful views and great food and no real need to leave the hotel. This was our belated honeymoon and room 4 was absolutely stunning, not as spacious as 11 but the view was amazing. Wifi would be good but when away, who needs it! Same with the television. No signal due to weather but the nice crackling log fire in the lounge is better than tv. The staff were amazing, so professional and very helpful and Moses is a superstar. We will go back as we think we have found our little piece if heaven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Leeming House is one of the finest 4-star Lake District hotels offering luxury and comfort in beautiful surroundings. Set in 22 acres of beautiful grand gardens in the countryside of Cumbria, our 200 year old country house hotel offers breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to the shores of Ullswater and a private fishing licence, this hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. Macdonald Hotels' Lake District location in Ullswater offers the perfect retreat whether you're on a romantic break away, a business trip or exploring the surrounding countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater Hotel Penrith
- Macdonald Leeming Hotel Ullswater
- Macdonald Leeming Penrith
- Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District