“Perfect Lakes location”
Review of Ullswater View

Ullswater View
Ranked #1 of 3 Watermillock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed here with My husband and 2 sons the night before the Great North Swim at Windermere. The location is perfect 5 mins drive from Pooley Bridge, Ullswater Steamers and Aria Force.
Our family room was gorgeous! Modern, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was better than some 5 star hotels ive stayed at. Big comforatble bed in the main room with a seperate room with bunk beds in for the kids. 2 televisions, dressing gowns, slippers, chocolates a whole host of hot drinks and biscuits. We had a great nights sleep.
Next morning the breakfast didnt disappoint. Cereal, yoghurts fruit, juices etc followed by the most delicious cooked breakfast. My son spilled his juice all over the table but it wasnt a problem, she even told him a story of when she had her first waitressing job and she smashed a glass.
It was perfect. If you have children we went to the Bassenthwaite wildlife park and we loved it :)
We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine S

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We travel to Scotland frequently and prefer to break our journey, and stay at many different B&Bs. For some reason we were struggling to find availability until we found Ullswater View. We had our elderly mother with us so had to book two rooms.

We are used to king size beds so offered the double (better room) to our mother and we opted for a twin, not quite as grand as her room, but the views were superb, overlooking the mountains and a smidge of Ullswater Lake. Beautiful.

Julie offered us a most welcoming pot of tea, with the company of 'Millie' her King Charles Spaniel, so cute.

We only stayed one night before moving on. The breakfast was smashing, home made bread and plenty of it. Ironically enough, our next stay was a 4* hotel with superb bedrooms, but the breakfast was not a patch on this.

This guest house is definantly one we would return to. It is not a luxury B&B, and does not claim to be, but it is comfortable, warm with good food. A pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Our rooms overlooked the mountains. Our room was standard. Our mother's room was better decorate...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Now the owner will probably slate me for my review likes she's done with some other poor people who appear to have commented honestly. However my wife and I are well traveled senior reviewers but thought best to create another account to avoid a harsh response on my usual account.

Stayed here with my wife in April this year for her birthday (new camera so wanted some good views), my daughter had booked it for us through Booking.com as a birthday present although when we came to leave we had to pay so I was a little confused but didn't question it as my daughter hadn't been charged despite giving booking.com her details. I called her to check before paying and I've read up on Booking.com since and apparently its a common problem with hotels of this sort, probably the booking company.

The welcome was a bit strange, no one really around to help or check us in at the advertised time of 16:00. We were greeted by a dog but it took 5 mins for someone to welcome us.

The room didn't have the Jacuzzi tub but we thought my daughter must have made a mistake when she booked. The room we did have was beautifully furnished with a good clear view of Ullswater. I wasn't keen on the bed but my wife thought it was comfortable, old age routine setting in for me I think. The walls also don't leave much for privacy, we could hear talking amongst other things from the room next door.

I thought breakfast was a little measly and the dining room quite dated in comparison to the clearly refurbished rooms. Would be nice to return one day perhaps when that and the conservatory have been updated. I always think places let themselves down when the communal areas are not as nice as the rooms.

Nothing to really complain to the owner about at the time, and we did have a nice time around the lake, just small let down details that other trip advisor users like me might like to bear in mind when staying at a clearly popular hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the bubble bath, it seems to be the best one according to other reviews. if yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kim J
Reviewed 18 May 2013

A real find! We stayed for a couple of nights for a family wedding at Ullswater. The location lived up to its name, and the room was as good as any high quality hotel. Wonderful breakfast too. Very definitely one for a return visit

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed in the deluxe room with the spa bath, it was amazing with breathtaking views of the lake. Deco was beautiful very up market something which you would normally see in a top end hotel. Extremely relaxing, excellent customer service from the moment we checked in. A fantastic cooked breakfast in the morning. Will defiantly be going back, highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
JulieMillerCrook2, Owner at Ullswater View, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for your review Rebecca.
The Delux Room is a lovely room and good to hear you enjoyed it so much.
We do try to give our guests a quality stay with a very relaxed and homely atmosphere.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

From stepping out of the car we were greeted with a warm friendly smile and we instantly felt welcome. Our room was a delightful surprise, beautifully decorated and the bed was oh so comfy! Over the three days we tried all breakfast offerings and not only was the food delicious and perfectly presented, the service from all the staff could not have been better. Our visit to the area was purely to walk and to shake off the stresses of work and Julie's knowledge of the area from places to eat and visit helped to make our stay one of the most enjoyable getaways in a long time. The Ullswater view is in a great location stunning view while Glenridding is only 5 minutes by car. We often use trip adviser to assess were to stay but have never before felt the need to write a review but the Ullswater View is so good I had to lend my voice to the others praising Julie for a wonderful weekend. We will most defiantly return!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks Richard for taking the time out to write your first review.
It was a pleasure to look after you and your wife.
Your experience of The Ullswater View was everything we strive for and hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed here turning a wedding on Ullswater into a longer walking break...& we couldn't have chosen better! The views from our room were astounding...what a sight to wake up to!! The bed was gigantic, squishy & very comfortable. The little touches like water, a cafetiere & chocolates in the room really made you feel welcome. But the biggest plaudit has to go to the breakfast!! Homemade bread & lip smacking hot home cooking are just the fuel you need before exploring the stunning countryside! Wonderful value for money...we would stay again as we have fallen in love with this particular Lake & this is a great base to explore it from. Thanks for a lovely stay!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Emma for taking time out to write your lovely review.
It is nice to know the little extras are noticed and enjoyed.
I loo forward to seeing you both again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Watermillock
Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater
The Whitbarrow Hotel
The Whitbarrow Hotel
#1 of 1 in Berrier
North Lakes Hotel & Spa

Been to Ullswater View? Share your experiences!