“Pre-Xmas get away”

Ranked #1 of 3 Watermillock B&B and Inns
Knutsford, Cheshire
“Pre-Xmas get away”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at the Ullswater View Guest House for my husband's birthday and a little pre-Xmas get away. On the positive side the guest house was very clean and the breakfast was 5*. Not so positive, the bathroom needed updating. The towel rail was broke and the shower cubical had darkening on the grouting and seals. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful, great view over the Lake. Pooley Bridge (approx 3 miles away) has some great pubs with good grub - you just need to drive there or get a taxi.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wkatyuk
JulieMillerCrook2, Owner at Ullswater View, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Ullswater View. We are glad that you found the property to be very clean. Cleanliness is a basic requirement which we strive to maintain. We are also pleased that you agree with so many who stay, with breakfast scoring top marks. We apologise that the towel rail was broken, these accidents do occur from time to time, and once we are aware they are repaired as soon as is practical. Similarly we note your comment regarding the discolouration around the area of the shower seal.This has now been addressed, some jobs unfortunately have to wait until the end of the season, this being one of them. We do hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
dunedin
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We only stayed one nights. Room was comfortable but bedding was dirty or stained. Nice wee view out of our window. Breakfast was ok and staff were friendly. There are plenty of places to eat within 5 to 10 min drive.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us have your comments. We are pleased that you found the room comfortable, but most disturbed that you found the bedding to be “dirty or stained”. Firstly, can we assure you that when guests check in, ALL their bedding is freshly laundered. Like most hotel and guest house accommodation, we outsource our bedding laundry, but on its return we do inspect that laundry before re-using. From time to time our bedding does suffer discolouration, and we make a point of informing our launderers accordingly. If the discolouration cannot be cleaned, then we will dispense with it and replace with fresh bedding. Very occasionally some discoloured laundry may be returned, and it appears we may have missed this in your case. We do apologise for that, however we can assure you that our bedding is always professionally laundered and clean before use. I apologise and if you had mentioned it at the time we would have changed your sheet.
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Excellent location, very clean. Room was lovely & bathroom very modern. Breakfast very tasty which persuaded us to ask for a packed lunch. Would definitely stay again. The owner was very welcoming & the hotel is a credit to her

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I cant sing the praises of Ullswater View. From point of booking Julie responded to my email straight away and rid me of any concerns a new parent may have; further more there were a few things we spoke with Julie about and we were always accommodated.

The rooms were beautiful and modern and were cleaned each day; we had a double room with a view and set up a travel cot with room to spare and WOW the view was lovely with aurum setting in. Towels, refreshments, hair dryer, toilettes all provided as well.

We were just made to feel welcome and not just by the owners but other guests, which pleasantly surprised me. Breakfast was filling and lunches can be made up for £5.50 for those out walking.

It's true what other reviewers have said this sets a new standard for B&B's and some of the hotels I've stayed in as well!

We'll be back when my son is a little older :-)

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NorthernVeggieMonkey
Keighley
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Attentive staff & owner, modern feel and comfortable bed. Living out of our suitcase for three weeks now this place is what we needed. Full breakfast was excellent and no problem with facilities in comparison to other places we have stayed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darren W
Scarborough
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed at Ullswater View for a couple of nights in the Greendale room. I travelled on my own as a single female. When booking I asked for a room a good view and certainly was not disappointed, the view was fantastic. The bed was really comfortable and the room had a modern flat screen television and iPod dock, tea and coffee facilities with plenty of options. The bathroom had a shower, no bath but was quite spacious. I was really satisfied with the room. Plenty of parking which always helps. No chocolates on the bed, but perhaps they are only for certain rooms!

When I arrived apparently the owner was on the telephone so I am presuming it was her daughter who showed me to the room. Very pleasant and told me what I needed to know at the time. Rang the bell later on and a lady came who I am presuming was Julie? She was very helpful telling me where to visit to take some good photos which I was keen to do over the two days. I didn't see anyone else that day. The bar was a courtesy bar which I used once that evening and took it to my room.

Breakfast was good both mornings with plenty of choice. The lady who served me on the second morning was really pleasant and welcoming.

I would certainly visit again and can highly recommend Ullswater View.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Preston
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at ullswater view. was exactly what we expected. Lovely, comfortable room, fantastic breakfast and Julie was a very helpful and welcoming host. Highly recommended. We will be returning :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watermillock
Macdonald Leeming House, Ullswater
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
The Patterdale Hotel
The Patterdale Hotel
#1 of 1 in Patterdale

Been to Ullswater View? Share your experiences!