Spotted this place on the way back from Lowther a few weeks back and we decided to stay in our motorhome a mile away last weekend in order to try this place out.
Fabulous views from the front terrace and beer garden at the back across Ullswater. Friendly staff great food... I had chicken in a truffle and mushroom sauce with French potatoes and sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. Excellent for gastropub grub at a reasonable price.
Fabulous local brewed Eden Gold pale ale in superb condition. I had two pints and it ran out !! Gutted....but they found another barrel in the cellar and we were back in business.
Quite obviously they clean their lines regularly which is an important part of serving real ales which sadly many others can't be bothered to do.The Mrs had a few locally distilled gins of which she remarked 'Langdons' was the best.
Thoroughly enjoyable few hours in beautiful sunshine.
One piece of advice I would give the owners....Whilst the front and sides of the pub are well kept please paint the back of the pub as sitting in the beer garden the sight of the peeling and mossy paintwork at the back is a bit uncomfortable on the eye and looks scruffy......paint doesn't cost much and makes a difference.
Will deffo be back again !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the brow of a hill overlooking picturesque Ullswater in the beautiful English Lake District, The Brackenrigg Inn provides excellent accommodation for those wishing to explore this stunning part of the world. With comfortable guest bedrooms, delicious food and drink and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, this 18th-century coaching Inn is the ideal place for walkers, families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brackenrigg Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brackenrigg Hotel Watermillock
- Brackenrigg Inn Watermillock, Cumbria - Lake District