“Dreadful.”
Review of The Globe Inn - CLOSED

The Globe Inn
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Globe offer a warm welcome, serving traditional pub food with daily changing specials along side their main menu, with all their meat sourced from Tompkins Butchers. Weekly changing guest beer from Concrete Cow Brewery.Tuesday night Pizza night a large pizza served with chips and salad including a bottle of wine £18.95Wednesday night Spice night two main meals including a bottle of wine £18.95Thursday night steak night, two rump steak with chips and a bottle of wine £20.00Friday night fish & chip night, two fish and chips and a bottle of wine £20.00
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Dreadful.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I popped in the Globe for lunch having driven past for a few weeks. It was supposed to be a treat. We ordered 3 starters not wanting a big meal between the two of us having just walked around the local forest. The food was bland, nay, tasteless and I thought from Brake Brothers or similar. I expected more by their advertising and promotion. Yet it was very, very poor. Crab Cakes that tasted like potato cakes from a Chippie, squid that they openly admitted was frozen and pre-produced (yes the waitress admitted that) and a bit of pate with pale white toast, no butter and a wilted salad.. I was not too happy so asked the chap behind the bar to have a quiet word with me away from everyone else - when I say everyone else I mean the few folk in the back restaurant area and a bloke or perhaps two in the bar. He agreed to do so but quite frankly flew off the handle. He stormed to the table where my wife was sitting, stated that we were the only ones to ever complain about the food despite me suggesting I'd pay for the two glasses of wine. In doing so it was to save him and not cost me the best part of £15 for very poor food. It escalated when he told me not to pay and asked us to leave. So we did. On leaving the car park (the chap whom I now know to be the landlord) stood there and very visibly took my registration number. I asked why that was necessary and he said I had used his car park - despite me going there in good faith for food and a drink - and he 'might' contact the police. I went back and paid £2 for the car park and offered to pay for the wine which we did not drink because we were asked to leave after a polite complaint. He was embarrassed and suggested I leave which we did.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Dumblebore

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely Birthday Meal...”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Went here last night (Friday 18th July), had a really nice meal with 6 others friends...we had different choices off the menu & all said how nice it was.
We sat outside, as it was still really warm & enjoying some cocktails while our dinner was cooked.

I will definitely be going back with friends & family.

Thank you for a lovely evening to celebrate our friends Birthday.

Carole : )

“Great "pie night"”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We visited The Globe on Tuesday "pie night" and were very impressed. Food lovely, served piping hot. Really enjoyed it. It's good that we now have a 'village pub' back in action. Well done Waldo and chef!

• Visited April 2014
Hanslope, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak ever!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My partner and I have eaten at the Globe many times and we cannot fault the service or the food. We always order steak as the chef delivers the perfect steak every time. Very reasonable prices. Highly recommend!

• Visited January 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“love this little place”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Now that its under new management we have made it our local, just around the corner. (We live in Hartwell) Very friendly and cozy place for a drink. We have not eated yet but plan to this weekend. The menu looks very tempting with a good selection....cant wait. I highly recommend this pub for a nice relaxing feeling... and very well kept plus no rif raf...an added bonus for us!

Visited March 2014