The Stronlossit Inn
US$275
US$223
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
US$300
Hostelworld.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Alexandra Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
Bank Street Lodge(Fort William)
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsreal alepleasant staynight staywarm welcomelovely placelong journeybar and restaurantnew ownersevening mealben nevisduckscamiromaniahighlandsbeerspondalan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Had a great time here while deer stalking. My colleague and I were looked after by Maurice and Sandra, the generous hosts. I can't thank them enough for drying our wet kit and feeding us like royalty. I find the negative reviews unexplainable. The rooms were warm and well appointed, the bar is cosy and the food is great. Good honest portions of all.

Room Tip: Any room is good but if you like a view of the hills get one overlooking the Grey Corries
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We got five star treatment from Maurice, Sandra and the staff of the Stronlossit. We were a group of 12 up for my husband's last Munro. I had read the negative reviews of the hotel and didn't know really what to expect, but found that we had a very good room - big clean and warm - with a huge ensuite. Others in the party found the same. We had a warm welcome a very good service. Our son arrived at 9:45pm from Amsterdam - no problem with getting a meal at that time.

The food is good - very reasonably priced and generous portions with very good chips. The breakfast for £8 is also very good, and the packed lunches were enormous.

I can't fault the hotel. I sometimes wonder what people expect - of course this is not the Hilton with haute cuisine. It is very good value for money with good beers and wine. I think it is about attitude and courtesy - we found courtesy and positive attitude throughout the weekend with patience when our bank cards were declined initially. It's a hotel up in Roy Bridge used to climbers and walkers, with a drying room and good facilities, and lovely grounds with a pond and lots of ducks and 3 Muscovy ducks.
Good places to go to, as well. If you go, don't miss the world famous Ice Age panorama about 3 miles up the valley - it's amazing.
Thanks again, Maurice, Sandra and Ella, for a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for room 104 for peace and quiet and great facilities.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I once again had a lovely stay at this Roybridge Inn we even took friends along with us. The rooms we had were fresh, clean and tastefully decorated. The staff are friendly and made us welcome. We had no complaints about the food either and will go again as it is a good base away from Fort William.
From both sides of the Borders

Room Tip: Have found the rooms fine each time we have been so no preference
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swanstonpot
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My partner and i stayed here last week.
It is a pub/restaurant/B&B.
It is centrally located just outside fort william,to get all over the highlands.
The budget room is as expected,very basic.If you don't want basic,book a better room.
The beds are rather too firm for my liking but that is just my taste.
The bar and dining area is done out in lovely warm and cosy colours.Lovely for winter evenings.
The food is very nice although some of it,a little on the cold side.We did'nt complain about it but i dare say they would have remedied that,if we had.
Contrary to what people are saying on here about the food being overpriced,we thought it was reasonably priced. The steak dishes were a little expensive but everything else including burgers,different fish dishes,burgers,lamb,haggis,pie and other dishes all ranged from £8-£13.With starters for approx £5.Not expensive at all unless you expecting greasy spoon prices.
On the notes you recieve when you have booked,it does say that you have to pay £1 a night for electric.We did'nt have to actually pay for this because someone had left quite a bit in the meter.
It has a lovely garden area for warm summer days and evenings.
All in all i would recommend this inn/B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had a pleasant stay in this basic but clean and comfortable hotel where the owners and staff were attentive. The food was good but limited in choice. The views from the room were excellent and the grounds were well tended with lots of ducks and other birds. Pleasant village with a friendly shop.

Room Tip: Look at other reviews before booking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family